[CHAPTER THREE]

././𝓑𝓸𝓭𝔂 𝓓𝓸𝓾𝓫𝓵𝓮/./.

Guilt

Guilt. Innocence. Good. Evil. Life. Death. As the shadows around Riverdale deepened, the lines that separated these polar opposites blurred and distorted. "I'm guilty," Cheryl said in Biology class. But of what?

My heart was thundering in my chest as they pulled my sister outside the classroom

My heart was thundering in my chest as they pulled my sister outside the classroom. I felt my breaths become erratic, and I got up and left the classroom before anyone could stop me. I did not want to cry in front of my classmates, and since Cheryl had pulled my hair up into a high ponytail, I had no choice but to leave.

Once I left, however, I felt myself start having a panic attack, thinking about Jason's murder investigation.

"Yes, Mr. Jones," I heard our biology teacher say as I leaned against the lockers on the wall a few classes down. I heard a rush of footsteps before I felt Jughead's presence.

I tried to hold my breaths in but I couldn't. I couldn't control my breathing as it got more erratic. I felt my chest tightening as the thought of Cheryl being part of Jason's murder.

"Hey," Jughead said in a hushed voice as he crouched down in front of me, "Juliette? Shhh. Look up at me," he gently caressed my face in with his hands. I look into his dark, emerald eyes. I never realized how beautiful they were until this moment. I allowed myself to get lost in his deep eyes, thinking about how they clashed with my own blue eyes.

His calloused fingers continue to stroke my cheek, "Yes, just like that. Just slow your breathing," I felt my heartbeat return back to normal. I relax into his hands, enjoying the feeling of his touch.

Jughead still hadn't moved, and I noticed how close our faces were. I couldn't help but lower my gaze, his pink lips. I looked up through my lashes to see him do the same. I let my eyes flutter shut as he leaned closer, only to be interrupted by my dad and Mrs. Blossom.

"Adelaide Blossom!" I look up to see Mrs. Blossom and my dad glaring down at Jughead. "What do you think you are doing?"

I popped up to my feet, blushing furiously, Jughead begrudgingly doing the same. He seemed annoyed by the entire situation. I flattened the blood red dress that I had put on since my bedroom at the Blossoms only contained red. "I was-Jughead was..uhh...helping me...get up. I had tripped."