t w e n t y - n i n e .

The last thing Percy wanted to do was go to yet another school and blow it up. And this time! He wasn't even enrolled! And yet, here he was, Monday morning, the first week of June, sitting on a bench in front of Goode High School on East 81st . Goode was this big brownstone building overlooking the East River. A bunch of BMWs and Lincoln Town Cars were parked out front. Staring up at the fancy stone archway, Percy couldn't help but mentally die.

His father had said, 'go to Goode.' So here he was, going to Goode. It was ridiculous in his opinion. What the Hades would his father need with Goode? Especially a pathetic orientation tour where is mother's boyfriend worked!

And Percy already graduated, why did he still need to go to schools? He thought he was done with high school once he received his diploma. By the skin of his finger, nevertheless.

     Paul Blofis was standing out front, greeting future ninth graders as they came up the steps. With his salt-and-pepper hair, denim clothes, and leather jacket, he reminded Percy of a TV actor, but he was just an English teacher. Percy didn't care much for him. If it wasn't for the fact that Sally was absolutely smitten with him, Percy wouldn't even think of being polite to the man.

If everything went as planned, he'd be out of here by noon and complaining about the useless mission his father had sent him on.

He'd rather be in community college or something else as equally stupid! Anything was better than this. The shadows seemed to laugh at his pain.

If everything went as planned...

Percy wanted to stab himself for jinxing himself as he stared at Dallas Storme standing in the crowd of future ninth graders. He rolled his eyes, realising that things would never go as planned now.

Well, at least it explained why his father wanted him to be there.

Dally went pale slightly, looking alarmed. Percy followed his eyesight to find Paul Blofis greeting a girl with frizzy red hair. She wore a maroon T-shirt and ratty jeans decorated with marker drawings.

Dally ducked down, and slipped out of the crowd. Failing horribly in trying to sneakily enter the building through a separate entrance.

Percy shook his head at the young boy, not really caring what he did at this point. After having to deal with the imbecile for almost three years, nothing fazed him at this point.

As he slipped into the building with the rest of the children who were entering for the ridiculous orientation, Percy's shadows warned him of the monsters who were in the building with him. Monster cheerleaders monster cheerleaders monster cheerleaders

Percy already just wanted to go home.

He stood in the shadows, blissfully invisible to all the little children and teachers. Two cheerleaders in purple-and-white uniforms were standing at the side entrance, waiting to ambush freshman.

Percy snorted, more like monsters waiting for the champion of the sea god so they could eat him.

Ah, the life of a demigod is so much fun.

Dallas was causing a large commotion at the door as he locked eyes with the weird redhead he had spotted earlier. The boy sprinted towards where the orientation was to occur, but Percy had a good feeling he would get lost.

The son of Hades sighed as he slipped off the wall and weaved through the small crowd, unnoticeably, as he went after Dally, the read head and the cheerleaders. If anything was going to happen, it was with them.

Surprisingly, Dallas hadn't gotten lost. Can we get a standing ovation for him? The shadows shrieked in laughter at his pathetic comment. Hades, Percy was going insane with boredom. The shadows really needed to tone it down and stop making fun of his thoughts.