Chap 3: birds to prey

Jimin sat anxiously in his seat, leg bouncing up and down with nerves. His boss sat across from him in his large, luxurious chair. Jimin chews on the inside of his cheek, noticing the stern glint in his eye.

"I've read your article Jimin, it's very good. Maybe you are ready to do bigger projects. But it has to be said I'm rather confused with your ending, you believe that lethal injection is wrong that we should reobiltate them. You do realise these are ruthless killers who have killed several people some even being family." He asked, curious as to why Jimin spoke of these men like they were human not monsters.

"I just think there's been enough death and there are better ways to deal with killers other than lethal injection. I truly believe if given the right outlet we can change a killers mind. Majority of the time they are just bored, use killing as a way to entertain them, stimulate their mind. Several of the men I talked to told me it was out of pure excitement, boredom when they killed. If they only found something that could excite them more maybe it would stop them from having the urge to kill. Though I can't say for sure as it's never exactly been done." Jimin tilted his head slightly, avoiding the eyes of his boss.

"That's a very bold thought Jimin, unusual but bold nonetheless. It's a good article well done. I've got a few others I think you would be perfect for. You don't mind traveling do you?" Jimin looks at him in shock, he's never said his work was good before.

"I was actually wondering if I could work on something else. I already have a story I want to work on." Jimin pulls out a rough draft he's already made up, he hands it to him.

His boss takes it, looking through it with raised eyebrows before flicking his gaze back to him. Jimin gulps, not sure if he liked that look. Whenever he gave that he'd usually start scolding him, telling there was no story and to find another one.

"You think these murders are connected? But they're in different countries, different deaths, different ages and genders. How could they possibly be connected to each other?" He tilts his head, glancing up from the open folder.

"I know this seems far fetched, believe me I know it does but I have a really good feeling about this. If you notice at every crime scene the victims passport is missing. That can't just be a consequence, not three times." Jimin points at the notes he wrote, wanting to show him this story was a good one.

The boss takes a heavy breath, Jimin prays that's a good sign. He really needed to do this story, nothing has ever felt so right. There was a connection between these killings, he just had to figure out why and the reason they took their passports.

"Fine." His boss spoke, Jimin blinks his eyes, not expecting that response.

"Fine? Really? I can do it?" Jimin looks to him in glee, his boss nods with a small smile.

"I trust you Jimin, I know you have a good eye for a story and don't doubt that you will deliver. Just make sure it's a good one, I really need it." His boss chuckles, Jimin nods eagerly.

"I won't let you down Jin, I promise this story will break big." Jimin grabs his file, quickly dashing out his office to go explore his story.

🐰

Jungkook presses his hand against the cold tile, letting the warm water drip down his back. His hair draped down, soaking wet. He felt calm, like a weight had been lifted off his chest. Killing sent him into this state of euphoria, pure bliss that made it all bearable. He shuts his eyes, reliving those last few seconds of that man's life. How his eyes almost popped out of his head, lips turned this grotesque purple. And he'd never forget the fear-the fear in those pathetic eyes as he killed him.

"Pathetic old man." Jungkook laughs, running his fingers through his damp hair.

He reaches out for his shampoo, pouring the thick pale liquid onto his hands he scrumps it through his soft locks. He enjoyed getting clean, loved the feeling of being fresh and new. Everything he did was about being clean, he made sure his kills were precise, the people he killed worthy of it through his eye. He slowly runs his hands down his body, rubbing soap over his defined muscles. His head falls back, allowing the water to wash over him, devour him. He needed to get that filthy man's touch off him, he felt sick he let him touch him but it was all part of the game.

He hops out the shower, grabbing a towel off the warming rack. The mirror had fogged, he wraps the towel around his waist before wiping the mirror to look at himself. He smirks, licking his wet lips while combs his soaked hair. Ruffling his smooth locks he walks out the steamy bathroom. Still dripping with cooling water he goes to his suitcase that sat on his bed. He was staying at a elegant hotel while he waited for his flight in the morning where Australia was his next destination. He unzips the case, opening it up to reveal the four different coloured passports that laid perfectly on top of his neatly folded clothes.

"Beautiful." He runs the tips of his fingers over the hard leather, taking hold of Joel Thames passport, last thing he has to remember him.

He kisses it gently, placing back neatly beside the others. He closes up the case, walking towards his wardrobe. Opening it he pushes through the few clothes that hung, picking out slim fitting trousers and tight short sleeve button up. His flight was in a few hours and he had to make sure he looked good. After all that was part of the game, playing the fetching young lad who looked so intoxicating he couldn't be resisted. He enjoyed putting on a show, displaying his best features to trap-entice his prey like a fly to a web.

Drying his dampening body, he puts on the purposely chosen clothes. Going to the large mirror he dries his hair with the hotel dryer, styling it perfectly so it looked effortless yet eye catching. He then moisturisers his face, massaging the lotion into his soft skin to have it glistening.

"Who will be next, wonder who's going to fall into my little trap." Jungkook admires himself, happy with his work though it didn't take much as he was naturally beautiful.

Once he was done, glammed himself up so no one was safe he packed up. Put all his belongings into one bag, not forgetting to hide the passports in the secret compartment incase he ever got searched. Though it never happened, most people focused on his good looks and didn't bother checking him. It was one of the many advantages to being beautiful, it definitely had its charms as he knew that.

With one last look at his hotel room he was out the door, leaving the beautiful city of love. Paris was nice, he'd surely visit again, he liked it here. He liked every city he killed in, left a mark in his mind that would forever be embedded. He looked back at those moments, happy memories with fondness. Now he'd have a new memory, he just had to find his next victim.

........
F👏I👏N👏A👏L👏L👏Y👏 I've updated ! About time huh?

Love you my psycho bunnies 🐰