lxxxx. especially mina

chaeyoung glances down at the hand in her own as she and mina walk down a hallway. she shares a private smile with herself and looks ahead. numbers on doors along with the occasional resident pass by as they go. but they were only fleeting thoughts in chaeyoung's mind. she had much more important matters at hand, quite literally.

the two stop in front of momo's apartment. mina uses her unoccupied hand to fix a stray hair on her girlfriend's head. chaeyoung can only hope her gaze says enough. it seems as though the message gets through to mina when she shows off a gummy grin.

mina takes chaeyoung's other hand in her own and swings them side to side. "ready?" she asks.

chaeyoung sucks in a deep breath and nods. "yeah, of course," she says, though she's not sure she completely believes it.

mina gives her a brief look before ringing the door bell. a voice from inside the apartment yells at them to come in. the two girls share a look but end up doing as they were told anyway. they walk inside, and chaeyoung closes the door behind her.

when they toe off their shoes, they're still holding hands. as much as chaeyoung liked it, she thought it was kind of weird to do in front of their friends. for a while, she felt uncomfortable doing it in front of anyone. whether it be on the street or at a restaurant, it just felt like people were always watching. she just needed more time though. every time they hold hands, it gets easier. chaeyoung doesn't let go of mina's hand as they enter the living room.

nayeon sits on a couch next to jeongyeon. "michaeng!" she exclaims with open arms and a huge grin, "you're finally here!"

"of course." chaeyoung returns the smile and hugs nayeon.

chaeyoung turns to momo and dahyun on the other couch. "hey guys." she gives the two a small smile. mina does the same.

"hey. thanks for coming." momo smiles and nods to the couch that the other couple was sitting on. "you guys can sit there."

chaeyoung lets out a quiet thanks, and they sit next to the other girls. nayeon and jeongyeon huddled over and phone, probably laughing a stupid tiktok. chaeyoung messes with the hand intertwined with her own and takes a deep breathe. mina gives her a look, asking if she's okay. chaeyoung just nods and gives mina a smile.

the girls all hear a loud commotions on from the front doorway. "hello, everyone!" sana announces loudly.

"sana! they have neighbors! you can't be so loud!" tzuyu yells and smacks sana on the arm.

"tzuyu! what the heck!" sana pouts.

tzuyu stares at her girlfriend for a moment. "you're lucky you're cute." tzuyu shakes her head before sitting on the other couch. sana pouts some more but sits with her girl anyway.

chaeyoung stifles a laugh and turns toward mina. "okay," she says, drawing out the syllables.

mina laughs as melodically as always. "i surely didn't miss that."

the girls hear the front door open again. "my babies!" jihyo exclaims with open arms as she walks into the room.

"hey, guys." wendy gives everyone a warm smile while her girlfriend hugs the rest of the girls in the room.

nayeon takes the opportunity to jump up from the couch and grab one of the karaoke microphone on the coffee table. "now that everyone's here. . ." nayeon trails off with a grin and waves the microphone around, "shall we begin the karaoke?"

"yes! i call first song!" sana gets up from the couch and steals the microphone from nayeon.

"hey! you can't do that!" nayeon yells back as she chases sana around the room.

the other girls sit back and watch the free entertainment while talking amongst themselves. the rest of the night was just as chaotic. there were always girls singing with microphones and at least one girl singing without one. all of the girls got a turn with a microphone, but unsurprisingly nayeon sang the most.

towards the end of their party, things began to calm down. wendy started to take over as the main vocalist and sang slow ballads. all of the girls, besides chaeyoung and dahyun, had migrated to the living room floor, swaying to the beat of the song. chaeyoung watches the others with a fond smile.

dahyun scoots closer to chaeyoung. "hey, chaeyoung."

"hi."

dahyun thinks a moment before continuing. "i just wanted to say i don't forgive for what happened, and i never will. but i'm willing and wanting to be your friend again. i miss you and how much fun we had together." dahyun elbows chaeyoung's side with a small smile.

"i get it." chaeyoung returns the gesture. "and i miss you too. it's been sucky not having my best friend anymore."

"i know. life without me must have been terrible," dahyun jokes and looks back to the girls, specifically to momo.

chaeyoung smirks and juts her chin towards momo. "you and her, huh?"

dahyun's eyes widen. "who?"

"you and momo!"

"no, no, no!" dahyun waves her hands around wildly. "no, we're just friends right now."

"right now?" chaeyoung raises an eyebrow.

"yeah, you know," dahyun looks upwards cheekily, "it could turn out to be something more."

"ooh, spill!"

"i just really like her."

chaeyoung nods. "she really cares about you."

dahyun just sighs dreamily in response. she gets up from her seat and sits next to momo on the floor. chaeyoung laughs at her antics and pulls her phone out.

 chaeyoung laughs at her antics and pulls her phone out

🔵⚪

⚪🔵

⚪🔵

liked by penguina, dahyumm, and 385 others

chaeknbake i really couldn't ask for better friends. i love you guys❤️

(especially mina but shhhh)

a/n:
hi guys. well, this is probably the end. there won't be much after this. i might post with some instagram updates when the inspiration comes to me, but that's it. i've been pushing this part off for forever. i think it's finally time to mark this book complete though. thank you for following me on this journey ❤️

also, i hope you're all doing well right now. stay safe out there.

(this chapter is currently unedited. apologies for any mistakes.)