Chapter 2/Virgil

"How did I even get here," a boy young in a hoodie asked himself as he dug through the dumpster behind McDonalds.

At the age of 15 Virgil Regina was a master at finding food, hunting, and working. When Virgil was born on the streets with only his mother and a sweatshirt his father had left behind. His mother took care of him till the age of five leaving him with only the skills she had taught him when he was younger and all her worldly possessions (including his father's jacket).

Now here he was nearly ten years later digging through a dumpster hoping to find some food for the day. "What's this," He asked pulling out a half eaten burger. He still couldn't believe people only ate half of their food.

The dumpster diving boy grabbed his prizes and walked to the woods right next to the city where he lived. He had a cosy little cabin on a lake. The cabin had very little he had gone to the dump once and found a couple of couches that he had taken the cushions from . The cousins now made up his bed.

He walked to his little coffee table (his only table), sat down, took out his pocket knife and cut off the part of his sandwich that had bite marks, and took a bite. He would later go fishing and use the part of the sandwich he cut off as bait.

After eating it was late so he decided to sleep, unaware of the nice people he would meet the next day.