Daring Escape

Got another chapter done. This is kinda just the introduction of a new character do there isn't much going on. And honestly, I think I could have done better if I didn't want to hurry up my updates to keep you all entertained. But please enjoy and comment. 😉

Jay slowly opened his eyes to see he was staring at a black ceiling. At first, he didn't know what had happened, but then the memories of the last few hours — at least he thought they were hours — flooded back into him. He quickly sat up, which turned out to be a bad idea as his head started to hurt more than it already did. He laid back down to soothe his headache.

He got up slower this time and saw that he was in what looked like a room where the ancient film was kept. It was dark with little light shining. He saw a projector running across the room and looked out a large window into an even darker room below him. He saw his kidnappers, Ultra Violet and Killow, watching a Cliff Gordon movie in the theater below.

He walked over to the door and tried to open it. No surprise, it was locked electronically, since there was a red light above it, shaped like a lock pad. "No problem, I'll just unlock it with my powers," Jay said to himself as he pointed his hand to the screen above the door. But to Jay's surprise, nothing happened. The door still remained locked.

"Great, just great!" Jay said, starting to pace the room. He did not like the situation that he was in. "I left a note but the others will think I'm in Mystic, which I'm not! And to top it off, I'm stuck in a room with two crazy people below me and my powers don't work!"

"At least I still have the —" Jay stopped himself from completing the sentence as he felt inside his pocket. The key was missing, along with the map. He knew without feeling that his weapon was gone too. Those two may be crazy, especially Ultra Violet, but they weren't stupid enough to leave him in a room with a weapon.

It was then that Jay noticed the latch on the window was broken. He tried opening the window and saw that it actually worked for him. He slid out without a hitch and quietly leaped onto the catwalk above the criminals below.

He stayed as quietly as he could as he walked above Killow and Ultra Violet. He knew that one sound would cause them to look up and see something blue, and it wasn't the sky. He walked slowly so he wouldn't make any noise and alert the two, he listened to what they were talking about.

"How much longer do we have to wait?" Ultra Violet asked as watched the movie. "I'm starting to get bored."

"He said he would be here soon," Killow said, looking around the room for any sign of their mysterious boss. While he was doing this, Ultra Violet was playing with the key.

"I don't get why he couldn't just take the key himself. It was easy enough for the two of us," she asked, examining the key in her hand. "What do you think it opens?"

"Not sure, all he said was that it was personal and not to lose it after we got it, or we'd pay," he told her. "And the only reason it was easy was because of the dart that he gave us."

"But shouldn't we worry about him waking up and breaking out of here with his power?" Ultra asked, still looking at the key, wondering what it opened.

"Nah, the dart had vengestone in it, so he'll be powerless for a while until the effects wear off," he said, looking pleased with the news, which Jay frowned at. So that was why he could use his powers on the electric door, they were temporarily blocked. Ultra Violet lost interest in the key and looked at Killow.

"I still don't understand why he wanted the Ninja unharmed. I mean, if a Ninja is meddling in his business, why not destroy him?" she asked aloud. "If not for himself then at least for other criminals."

That was actually a good point for Jay. Why wouldn't this guy want him dead? He was meddling in something their mysterious boss obviously wanted to keep quiet. So why order two people who absolutely hate him not to kill him? It just didn't make sense to him.

"Speaking of the Ninja, he'll be waking up by now. We should probably go and do something with him." Killow said, leading Ultra Violet up the stairs. Jay smirked a little at his luck.

He carefully and skillfully got off the catwalk and made his way down to where Ultra Violet put the key, map, and his flail. He put the map and key in his pocket for safekeeping and put his weapon in its usual spot on his back.

"Great, now I just have to leave and —" Jay fell silent once again as Killow and Ultra Violet came back into the room. They saw Jay standing there and froze as well. For a minute, they all just looked at each other, then Jay made a run for the door, but Killow stopped him and threw him across the room.

"You aren't getting away that easily." Ultra Violet told him, pulling out a sai and pointed it towards him. Jay pulled out his weapon, ready to defend himself against the former members of the Sons of Garmadon.

Killow charged at him, but Jay managed to move and avoid him last minute, causing him to crash into the wall.

Ultra Violet was a bit trickier. She and Jay's weapons clashed as they fought each other. Jay was really wishing he had one of the other to have his back right about now. Just as Ultra Violet knocked Jay's weapon out of his hand, he managed to get her off balance and on the floor. It was the perfect time for him to escape.

"That's quite enough." a voice said them. Before Jay could process what was happening, he was blasted across the room and into an open chair in the front row. As he tried to get up, the man spoke in some kind of language and purple mist appeared in his hand and it wrapped itself around Jay, trapping him in the seat. Jay tried wiggling in his seat but that didn't help any. It was clear that the man, like Clouse, was a magic-user. So Jay turned his attention on the man who had put him in the seat.

The man was actually quite handsome with his wavy but short dark brown hair and gray eyes that looked coldly onto both former members of the Sons of Garmadon. He wasn't smiling at them, only frowning, as they disappointed him in some way. He had a calm posture for him. He didn't seem that evil, but he had a very mischievous vide to him.

"Well, you didn't let him escape, so I guess you deserve credit for that," he spoke to the pair. "But I would suggest keeping a closer eye on your prisoners to keep them from escaping, or at least make sure the room is escape-proof."

The two didn't say anything, but it was clear that they wanted to defend themselves against his accusations. Still, neither said a thing to the man.

"Leave us," he ordered, looking at Ultra Violet and Killow. "I wish to speak to the boy alone."

"But what about our deal? You promised us —" Ultra Violet started to say.

"I know what I promised you." the man said in a harsh tone that made Killow and Ultra Violet take a step back. The man regained his calm posture and looked at both of them directly in the eyes. "You'll get everything I promised you once I'm finished with the Ninja. Is that clear?"

Neither Killow or Ultra Violet liked taking orders from the man. But they both bit their tongues, nodded and left Jay alone with the man in the room.

With the two gone, the man turned his attention back onto Jay. He smiled as he stepped closer to observe him. The smile seemed to grow the closer he got to him. Jay couldn't explain it but he knew from his voice that they had met before, and that's when it hit him, this man was the mysterious voice on the phone.

"You look so much like your mother," he said to him. That alone caused Jay's mouth to drop. How did this guy know his mother? And how was he so good at magic? But there was a bigger question on Jay's mind at the moment.

"Who are you?" Jay asked him, wanting to know his name so he didn't have to think of him as just a random man.

"You may call me Seth," he said to him, with a large and friendly smile on his face. "And I want my key if you please."