Chapter 17: Nashville

Before he knew it, Wednesday had rolled around. "Kasey, are you ready?" Lisa asked. "Yep, let's go" he said. His heart raced the whole plane ride and he knew this girl was everything he wanted. He went to un-lock is phone and looked at the picture set as the background of he and Madison on the lake. He hoped if tonight went well, then this long distance thing could work.

Madison was in her apartment putting on her white lace dress for the evening when she heard a knock on the door. She wasn't expecting anyone so she asked who it was. "It's Kasey" he said. She went to open the door for him. "What are you doing here?" she asked surprised. "I wanted to see you before tonight, taking in the woman before him in the short white dress. "Damn I'm a lucky man" he said pulling her to him. "Why's that?" she said wrapping her arms around his neck. "Because even though you might have all the guy's heads turning in the room, you come home with me" he said kissing her. "Aren't you lucky" she said with a laugh. "Oh I am and I wouldn't have it any other way" he said.

"Kasey lovely seeing you again. Are you excited about tonight?" Madison said sweetly as Kasey made his way into the grand opening. "It's good to be here. I love Nashville and everything it has to offer" he said. "Have fun tonight" Madison said. "You too" he said. "And cut" the producer said. "Madison you are free to go inside for the evening" he said. "Thanks" she said handing over her earpiece and microphone. Once inside, it was a huge party. Some of country's hottest stars and NASCAR drivers were in attendance. She found Kasey in the back with Lewis Hamilton and Dale Jr. "Hey guys" she said approaching them. "Madison?" Dale Jr asked. "Hi Jr" she said. "What are you doing here?" he asked. "I work for CMT" she said. "Well congrats and good seeing you" he said. "Likewise" she said. Kasey came up to her and wrapped his arm around her waist. "Lewis, this is my girlfriend Madison" he said. "Nice to meet you" Lewis said. Jr nearly spit out his beer. "Girlfriend?" Jr asked surprised. "Yep" Kasey said smiling at Madison. "Well we always thought ya'll had something going on" Jr said. "I can tell you this now Dale, that yes back when everyone questioned it, we were dating" Madison said. "Well damn, I'm glad you finally got it figured out and are together." "Thank you" they both said. Kasey went on talking with Lewis and Madison excused herself to get a drink. "Madison, how are things?" Sherry said coming up to join her. "Great" she said taking a sip of her drink. "Good. Look I wanted to tell you I am happy with the work you've been doing" Sherry said. "Thank you" Madison said. About that time, Kasey came up to join her. "Sherry I would like you to meet Kasey Kahne, my boyfriend" Madison said. Sherry looked at Madison then to Kasey and then back at Madison. "Nice to meet you Kasey" she said finally extending a hand. "Likewise" he said. "I'll be right back" Kasey said. Sherry turned back to Madison. "Boyfriend?" she asked. Madison downed her drink and started talking. "Well Sherry the thing you didn't know is Kasey and I grew up together. We dated in high school and then 10 years ago when I worked in NASCAR. When I went to Charlotte to interview him, old flames were re-kindled and we got back together." Sherry's face was in complete shock. "You mean to tell me, you've worked with me nearly 5 years and I'm now just hearing this?" she asked. "Yes" Madison said worriedly. "Well damn" she said starting to laugh. "You're one lucky girl." "I like to think so" Madison said smiling over at Kasey who was back talking to Jr and Amy.

The night came to an end and Lisa approached Kasey. "Kasey we need to get going" she said. "Lisa I can fly out tomorrow morning, go ahead and go" Kasey said. "Ok I'll tell them you'll be in contact" Lisa said. "Ok" he said walking over to Madison who was talking to some people near the front. "Got room at your place for one tonight?" he asked. "Of course I do" she said.

Madison and Kasey walked two blocks to this nice building and Madison buzzed them in. They rode the elevator all the way to the 14th floor and Madison led Kasey out. She unlocked the door to her apartment and they walked in. "Holy shit" Kasey said at the view he was looking at now. "This is incredible." "It's one of the best views in all of downtown" Madison said handing him a beer. He walked back to her sitting on the couch. "I'm not going to lie, but I've wanted to help you out of that little white dress all night" Kasey said. "Oh really?" Madison asked. "Yes now come here" he said pulling her to him kissing her. "Hmm you taste good" Madison said pulling back. "Where are you going?" Kasey asked. "You'll see" she said. Kasey followed Madison into her bedroom and sat on the bed. Madison retreated to the bathroom and came out wearing some Victoria Secret lingerie. "I'm in trouble" Kasey said with a laugh. Madison walked over to the bed and Kasey ran his hands up and down her back. "Make love to me Kasey" she said. She yanked his shirt over his head and let it fall to the floor. He stepped out of his pants and she pulled him to the bed. He removed his boxers and entered her. Madison arched into him. His hand was under her head as he moved slow and kissed her. "I love you Maddie" he said. "I love you too Kase." They made love the rest of the night.