shooting hoops

You're all sat down on a small couch waiting for the interview with urban outfitters to begin. You're squished between Braeden and Dylan making small talk as Braeden plays with your fingers and smiles at you every once in awhile. You have been together for a few months now but have kept things between you and the band. You've been apart of the band since the beginning and have a great relationship with all of the boys. Apart of you had always known that you had liked Braeden as more than just a bandmate.
   It wasn't until a few months back after a show in Los Angeles that had both of you pumping with adrenaline, giving both of you the courage to admit your feeling for one another. Dylan and Cole had actually chuckled and Dylan ended up giving Cole the wad of cash in his wallet when you told them about it.
You're snapped out of your thoughts as Braeden nudges you with his shoulder to let you know the interview is about to start. You send him a grateful smile and rearrange yourself so you look more presentable. Dylan is the first to speak after the camera is on, "Hey, I'm Jayden." You all catch on quickly and go along with his little joke. You chuckle to yourself and smile largely at the camera, "And I'm Kay!" Your boys cant stop the large laugh that emits from all of them. "I'm Brae!" he yells and lets out a giggles that makes you heart pound in your chest and you steal a loving glace at him.
    Cole waves his hand and in all seriousness says "and I'm Aiden!" after that you all completely lose it and you lean on Brae for support. After a few seconds everyone is ready to be serious. Dylan starts again, "I'm Dylan." You give a shy smile, "I'm Y/N!" You can feel Brae looking at you and you feel the heat rush to your cheeks. He smile and turns his head towards the camera. He rests his elbow on his knee and puts lays his head on his fist, "I'm Braeden" Cole swoops in quick " and I'm Cole!"
     "and we're Wallows and we're gonna play open up with Urban Outfitter!" Braeden grabs hold of the paper and tosses it around. Cole grabs it from Braeden and starts asking Dylan to pick a color.  Dylan looks over at you and you mouth yellow. "ugh yellow." Cole spells out yellow and then asks Braeden to pick and number. He picks seven and Cole starts to count to seven. Cole opens up the game and shows it to you guys. "which one should we pick, guys?" Braeden leans back and makes a popping sound with his mouth.
     He looks over at you and you shrug your shoulders letting him know you're unsure. "Should we do two? I'm looking at two right now." You and Dylan nod and Cole opens the paper to read the question. "What can we expect from Nothing Happens?" You smile and speak up, "Good question! Well I think you should expect, uh music?" you giggle and wink at the camera. The boys chuckle and Dylan goes on explaining that he hopes it can be that one album that can be special to someone.
   You all nod your heads in agreement. Cole opens the paper to reveal the next question and laughs so hard he snorts. "Okay, this one reads..." he clears his throat and continues, "Tell us what's going on between Braeden and Y/N." You laugh embarrassed "that's not a question!" you exclaim.
Braeden just smiles and wraps his arm around you. Cole and Dylan watch in amusement as they watch the couple try to figure out what to say. "I'll answer this one, Y/N." Brae tells you with a sweet smile. He sends you a look just to make sure you're okay with him saying it on camera, for everyone to hear. You answer him by scooting closer to him and putting your head on his shoulder. "Y/N and I are together, yes. The reason we didn't tell you right away is because we wanted to test the waters and make sure this was what we wanted. But now that I know it's real, I'm proud to say that I'm completely 100% in love with Y/N L/N!"
  Everyone is the studio awes and the boys pretend to gag. You reach over and smack Dylan and then you whisper a quiet "I love you too, Brae," Dylan rolls his eyes in a playful manner and tells Braeden to read the next question. Brae opens up the paper and reads, "Do you even ball?" He looks around and scoffs even giggles a little. "Well Urban Outfitters, I love a good ball. I mean oka- wait that's n-." Everyone in the room laughs and you all get up.
Later while watching the interview and laughing at the cringe montage of you and your boys playing basketball you notice the camera pan to you and Brae. You had no idea they had filmed you, they had told you cameras were off. You aren't mad at the footage though. You screenshot the footage of you bent over laughing while Braeden has his arms wrapped around your waist and a looking at you like you had just hung all of the stars in the sky. You post the picture on Instagram with the caption " congratulation Y/S/N shippers!" with the cowboy and dinosaur emoji and a cute yellow heart.
  Later that night you were in one of Braeden's hoodies laying on the bed in the hotel room when Braeden came out of the bathroom and laid with you. He wrapped his arm around you and you turned to face him. He smiled and winked at you. laughing you cuddle in closer. "you know I really do love you, with my whole heart." he whispers. You feel your heart swell up with love. "I love you more than you'll ever know, Brae. Always have and always will."
He smiles and kisses your head. This is how you want to spend the rest of your life. Touring around the world with the love of your life and best friends. Meeting the amazing people who support you and helped you get to where you are. You're in complete bliss and you wouldn't want it any other way.

okay hi! I really love wallows and brae is just amazing so I decided to write a book haha! thanks to all of the amazing people who do write brae fics bc they are so hard to find! sorry if it's cringe or stupid haha. lots of love 💕