The Twisted Tune

As 15-year-old Layla lay quietly on her bed, she hummed a tune.

'hm hm hmm hm hm' 

*bing-bing*

'I'm under your bed, Layla' - unknown number

she picked up her phone but after reading it, she laughed. she believed it was just her brothers playing games with her. Being unnerved by the text she put her phone down and closed her eyes continuing to hum her tune.

'hm hm hmm hm hm'

*bing-bing*

I'm in your wardrobe, Layla'- unknown number

She brushed it off again, shutting her eyes but becoming paranoid.

'hm hm hmm hm hm'

*bing bing bing bing*

her phone started to vibrate, none-stop, with text messages 

'I'm at your door, I'm at your door, I'm at your door'

In a panic, she smashed her phone on the side of the bedside table. suddenly there was an ear-piercing scream...coming from all around her room. the door swung open and her brother walks in.

"Max? what's going on?" Layla whispered, as she cowards in her covers. her brothers eyes were lifeless, almost dead. his skin was pale-white and he stood still. his head then snapped to the side, as he turned around and fell to the floor. blood flowing out of his neck, he started to scream. 

"IM IN YOUR HEAD, IM IN YOUR HEAD, IM IN YOUR HEAD"

he started to drag himself towards her bed, dragging his nearly torn off head along the floor, still screaming. 

Layla is in shock and isn't daring to move as her brother crawls under her bed.

'hm hm hmm hm hm Layla hm hm hmm hm hm'

her brother hums as he drags himself out from under the bed, slowly going towards the wardrobe. Layla doesn't take her eyes off him as he pulls a key out and opens the wardrobe. 

A body falls out and her brother screams. he then drags himself at an inhuman speed out of the room. in seconds, he was down the hall, screaming. 

as his screams faded, Layla caught her breath, trying to calm herself down, she started to hum her tune.

'hm hm hmm hm hm'

A loud thump comes from the wardrobe. slowly Layla pulls herself to the end of her bed and looks down to the floor. a body lies there.

Layla screams horrified to realize that it is her own self, lying lifeless on the floor. her faded gaze faces the ceiling and her mouth is stuck in a silent haunting scream.

'I'm in your head' the words hiss out of the lifeless body. Layla tries to scream but can't, she feels like she's fading. she looks down and doesn't see anything. her hands, feet, body, all gone. 

she runs out of the room, panicking, looking for a way out of the house and to get help. a bundle of clothes lay at the end of the hall. 

she moves closer and picks up the clothes. suddenly another ear piercing scream echos the walls. shattering the pictures along the hall. she turns around and stares at the door at the other end of the hall. 

it slams open and her brother lies there. twitching in his own blood. on his back with his neck twisted, facing Layla. she screams as the body breaks its arms to get up almost in a backbend. he starts to spider crawl towards her. in a few seconds, he would reach her. his arms and legs taking huge strides to get close to Layla. his body flips over as he approaches her. she screams, starting to lose her voice. he stands centimeters away from her face. 

I'm in your head, Layla. why'd you do it? I'm in your head, Layla. why'd you kill me? IM IN YOUR HEAD'

he screams as he lunges towards her, arms spread out with broken bones sticking out of pale skin.

-m33rkat