Welcome home

'Hey, darling.' mum calls out, as she hears the front door slam. i walk into the kitchen.

'Um, mum. i was upstairs, who are you calling out to?" I say

'dont be rude and say hi to our guest.' Mum hisses at me. i look around and see no-one.

'Mum, theres no-one there.' I say confused. she seems to be staring at something in the direction of the loungeroom. 

'its your sister, Ed. Go and say hi, right now.' Mum yells at me, grabbing my arm and pulling me into the hallway.

I yelp, as she pinches my skin between her nails. i get dragged into the lounge room.

'look at your sister, look at her now.' she whispers into my ear

'Mum, your scaring me. I dont see anyone. what are you talking about? im a single child, Mum? ' 

she throws me to the floor and starts to claw at the fireplace.

'single child? SINGLE CHILD?, your sister will not take that disrespect. We've ignored her for too long' she starts to mutter, over and over again. bricks start to fall out of place and onto the floor. her fingernails are now bleeding and falling off. bricks fall onto her feet but she goes on, clawing away the bricks of the fireplace. suddenly she pulls out a bag. she screams and her face lits up with colour again, almost as if she clicks out of a deep sleep.

'Ed, you have to run. run as far away as you can. ive kept you safe for this long. im not gonna lose you n-' she falls over and starts to tear her hair out and claw at her eyes. 

'you cant see him, you cant have him, you cant see him, you cant have him' her hands are covered in blood and her eyes are no longer inside her head. i stand there in shock, not understanding what was going on. she starts to crawl over to the bag and taking out whatever was inside. she suddenly snaps up and looks straight at me.

'hi, darling. want to see your sister? your mummys been hiding her for so long. we want you to see me now, okay' she twitches and stares at me, her eyes turning white as she holds up a lifeless body of a baby girl, dressed in a fluffy pink dress.

i scream and run for the door.

i stumble outside and run across the street. i look back and see my 'mum' holding up the body against the window, swaying side to side and twirling the girls dress. she then points to the girl and mouths.

'mummy did this to me, i did this to mommy' 

-M33rkat