Bloodlust

Kari  Tepes  could  barely  concentrate  on  anything  it  was  at  least  30  degrees  Celsius  outside  and  the  humidity  wasn’t  anything  to  be  proud  of  but  being  in  the  air-conditioned  school  library  made  things  a  little  more  bearable. 

There  was  a  massive  pounding  in  the  front  of  her  skull  and  she  had  an  unforgivable  itch  in  her  throat. 

God  just  simply  isn’t  on  my  side  today,  she  thought  as  she  tapped  her  pen  against  the  desk. 

She  wouldn’t  be  in  the  library  normally  but  with  midterms  on  the  horizon –  being  in  July,  Kari  had  hardly  any  study  done.  History  was  her  worst  subject,  quite  frankly  she doesn’t  see any  real  value  to  it,  except  if  you  wanted  to  learn  about  gibberish. 

Despite  the  unbearable  heat  and  humidity  Louisiana  provides  there  was  also  another  reason  of  why  Kari  was  stuck  in  the  library,  she  was  constantly  pining  about  the  mayor’s  death. 

It  had  come  unexpectedly  though  it  was  no  surprise,  he  wasn’t  someone  worth  listening  to  and  whenever  he  did  speak  the  words  that  came  out  of  his  mouth  were  all  a  load  of  crap.  Kari  stared  and  in  amongst  her  pile  of  text books,  notebooks  and  pens  and  saw  the  newspaper  that  first  illustrated  the  mayor’s  untimely  death.  As  soon  as  it  was  published  it  didn’t  make  any  sense.

Kari  absentmindedly  picked  up  the  newspaper  and  began  to  re-read  it,  her  eyes  moved  swiftly  down  the  crinkled  page  as  she  did.

BODY  FOUND  CONCLUDED  TO  BE  MAYOR

(Written  by,  Jayne  Goodall  12th  February)

In  late  January  early  February  a  body  had  been  found  outside  the  border  of  St.  Clare  Parish  on  Route  99,  the  witnesses  who  found  the  body  (but  also  wish  to  remain  anonymous)  described  the  body  to  have  part  of  his  throat  cavity  missing.

“We  were  just  driving  home  until  we  noticed  something  with  our  headlights  lying  on  the  ground,  it  wasn’t  moving  a  muscle”  one  witness  said.  He  went  on  to  say  that  he  got  out  of  the  car  and  once  he  saw  the  condition  of  the  body  he  was  shocked  by  the  sight  “It  was  terrifying.  I  have  never  seen  such  a  result  of  a  ferocious  mountain  lion  attack,  the  rotten  flesh  seemed  to  say  that  it  had  been  lying  there  for  days’.

Reports  from  Coroner,  Jason  Marston,  have  suggested  that  it  was  indeed  the  body  of  St.  Clare’s  mayor  Richard  Armstrong  who  was  last  seen  in  his  office  two  days  prior  “I  can  confirm  that  this  is  indeed  Mr  Armstrong  and  that  follow  up  tests  will  be  executed” .

The  article  went  on  to  say  that  the  police  would  give  out  no  new  information  on  his  death  until  further  notice,  after  this  article  was  released  every  girl  in  her  grade  did  nothing  but  come  off  with  ridiculous  outcomes  at  what  could’ve  happened,  she  was  stunned  to  learn  that  Abigail  Riviera  hadn’t  said  anything  regarding  the  mayor’s  death,  if  anything  she  would’ve  been  the  first  to  say  something  insensitive.