Log 1- What Shall I Render?

Psalm 116:12 :
What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

What shall I render unto the lord that is seemingly enough,  in my esteem, to tell him thanks for all his benefits toward me?
The word unto is significant here and means "to". That means anything that you are doing to God, it is unto him because you expect to receive something and when we render everything until God the rewards are beyond what we can even think of.

So what shall we give to God to show our gratefulness for his mercies towards us?

The answer is simply your soul, your body and your mind.

God wants your soul because it was he that had breathed life into you and made your soul become alive. So rendering our soul unto God is one of the ultimate sacrifices that we can give unot God to show our adoration.

Psalm 25:1
Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.

Secondly, we should give our body to the Lord as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God which is our reasonable service. It is our reasonable service because our body is the temple of the living God and we need to ensure that God's temple is kept clean and not filled with impurities such as piercings and tattoos. We need to keep God's temple holy and righteous so that when God enters he can move freely in you through the Holy Spirit. It is not by our own might or power but it is by the spirit of God that we can thread upon serpents, whoremongers and spiritual wickedness in high places. It is by the spirit of God that we are healed but inorder for that spirit to move within us we need to render our body unto God.

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Zechariah 4:6
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Your mind is a powerful thing that the devil can use against you if you are not careful which is why as Christians we should strive to keep our minds focused on the things of the lord and not of the things of the world and be ye transformed by the renewal of our minds. We must try to shape our thoughts so that no matter what struggles we might face the first thought is always to look to Jesus. Sometimes we sin in our minds without realizing it. We back bite, murmur and deceitfully scorn others in our mind but God says all you needs to do is repent with a sincere heart 70x7 daily and he shall puts your transgressions behind you. I know alot of people probably say its not as easy as that and infact it isn't,  but with a renewed mind set fast on the lord, all things are made possible to him that trust the lord thy God.

So i will leave you with these words of encouragement. Commit to the stature of his ways and adhere to his commandments and live a life that is holy and acceptable unto him. When we render our lives unto God he will add and reveal many things unto us, all we need to do is avail ourselves.