Rejected

"For once, our playboy has been turned down and by none other than one of the most sought after songwriters in the biz!" The reporter said loudly and laughed.

"What's her problem?" Another reporter laughs. "She has Jimmy Sauza in her arms! That's what!"

"What an unlucky girl!" Another one roles her eyes before looking directly into the camera. "But seriously guys!" She looks down at her papers in hand. "Why can't Solano let JimLeta be JimLeta? I mean, why try to break the happy couple? Aren't there enough women for the infamous Mr.Maybe?" She scoffs and I turn in time to see my mom walk in.

"Good morning, my love." She smiles at me and turns to the screen and I sigh turning it off. "I see you're realizing your mistake." She nodded at me and we both sat on the couch on my floor of the mansion.

"People can't take the flirting." I shrug.

"She is with him, Solano," My mom turns her whole body to me and makes me turn to her with one glare. "You should've known better." She snapped and I revisit the teenage urge to roll my eyes at her but I nodded with a frown.

She was right. Why the hell did I even do that? I mean, sure I was teasing Violeta but it hurt me that she didn't remember or pretended she didn't remember. You steal a first kiss and all of a sudden people act like you stole their cookie.

"I honestly don't know what came over me she's so-"

"Beautiful?" My mom filled in for me and smirked and then frowned. "You had your chance." She says with finality that I don't like.

As far as I understand, last night was JimLeta's first date. No one had heard or even mentioned the stupid coined name before then.

"I did," I retort. "Last night."

Her face face falls and she shakes her head and gets up.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but," She turns the TV back on. "It's seems to me like their quite serious." She looks at the TV and there they were.

Violet is looking at Jimmy's eyes lovingly. He looks back at her the same way with his arms wrapped around her delectable waist. Another image captures him holding her tight as they danced. Another image of him kissing her head and her smiling in the comfort of his arms.

This is enough.

I turn off the TV and my mom looks at me surprised.

"Are you going to be okay, Sol?" She asks and I nod and get up to eat breakfast but what I'm really going to do is call a girl to take out tonight.

"It's nothing new to me to be accused of something like that." I shrug it off and open the door for both of us as we head downstairs.

"Well you made your bed," She says walking ahead of me. "Now you shall lay in it." She gives me a sad smile and I shake my head and return it.

She's right. Had I not been such a ass, I probably would've had a chance with Violeta long ago. But even I know that I have no cure. The only thing I could think about was how good Violeta would look under me screaming my name.

How good her body would look all sweaty and needy with my touch... Oh, fuck!

"I'll meet you downstairs!" I say running back up the stairs and shutting myself in my room and look down.

And of course, there's Sol Jr ready and willing. I mean, I'm as horny as they come but I haven't had this happen to me almost in front of my mom in years!

"Cold shower time!"

Fuck.

~*~

"You have got to tell me what happened last night!" Lola exclaims as I let her into my apartment. "I mean you're the talk of the town!" She sits at the glass table surrounded by windows and pulls out her laptop.