𝟭𝟮

Awsten tapped his foot against the slightly decayed wood of the front porch of a classic suburban house. The shrill sound of the doorbell was still ringing in his ears, causing him to wince. He ran a hand through his bright green hair and sighed, knowing that Jawn's mom always took ages to open the door for whatever reason, be it the fact that she was cooking or working in her room.

His outfit consisted of a pair of light blue jeans, an over-sized sweater and a very old pair of vans that had dull gray checkers instead of white. His glasses were slightly foggy as he hadn't had time to clean them before hastily shoving them onto his face and running down the road to his best friends house.

After a while, a tired looking Otto opened the door, his mood visibly lifting lightly just by the sight of Awsten.

"Uh, hey Aws. Jawn is still upstairs." He stepped out of the house and closed the door gently. "Did you uh, did you message the account?" He said, tone a bit quieter than usual, as if Jawn could hear despite being two floors above them and on the opposite side of the house.

"I did." Awsten felt a strange tingle in his face, but brushed it off. "They said that if he's feeling down we should just,, reassure him that we're there for him?"

"Yeah. That sounds like a good idea.." Otto trailed off and re-opened the door, letting Awsten in and then closing it again before running up the stairs. They both stopped and sat on the last step leading up to the third floor as the door had been locked. Awsten frowned and softly knocked on it. A muffled 'mhm' came from inside and he smiled sadly.

"Hey buddy, it's me Awsten. Can Otto and I come in?" He asked, keeping his voice calm and even as to not scare the other. After hearing the confirmatory noise, he grabbed the spare key that was pressed against the side of one of the stairs and put it in the lock.

"There's a spare key?!"

"Yes Otto, you're just blind enough not to see it." Awsten laughed quietly and then twisted the key. He walked over to the bed and crouched down beside it, placing his chin on the soft mattress and looking at Jawn's face. Otto followed his actions, but carefully placed his hand on the redheads hair and began to stroke it delicately.

"You okay, bub?" Otto asked, eyes and mouth down turned. Jawn just shook his head.

"Look, I know it's hard bub, and it feels like it won't get better but it will. And we'll be here to witness it all, alright? Because we're here for you no matter what." Otto whispered and pressed his cheek to Jawn's.

"Yeah, man. We love you and we're here for you and when you feel better or more comfortable with it you can always talk to us about it." Awsten added, and moved onto the bed, then laid down. Otto did the same, but wrapped his arms around Jawn. Jawn smiled faintly, and closed his eyes.