Comforting Someone

After they attack Thanos and hear that the stones was now gone. Their hopes to bring the others back was now vanished. 'How could we live now?' that was the thoughts of their minds as their friends flash to them.

"We are going back to the space from now." Rocket said sadly as he look up at Nebula and Carol who nod in unison.

Carol's frown deepen as her very own eyes watch Thor walk outside of the compound and teleported back to the New Asgard without even saying goodbye to her.

"You two go on first, I will catch up on you." Carol said walking a little fast to get out of the compound.

"Wait!"

Even she didn't like it, she stops looking back at the talking raccoon; waiting for what he will say.

"Why?" He asked.

She give him a sad smile. "To comfort someone."

After that, she fly into the sky only wanting to comfort her new found friend; the god of thunder. 'But why I'm acting this way?' she thought as she fasten her fly more than a minute ago.

New Asgard

"Korg, give me a beer." Thor said as he slumped his back to the dressing chair as soon as he arrive at the New Asgard with a guilt and disappointment dancing on his eyes that didn't go unnoticed by Korg and Valkyrie.

As he gulped the beer that Korg handed him in just one time and requested for more making Valkyrie shakes her head looking at her friend drowning his self in alcohol.

A sudden knock on the door made Valkyrie and Korg snapped their head towards the door in confusion but the second knock brought them back to their senses as Korg walk towards the door to open it.

"Where's Thor?" Carol asked with a hint of worry in her tone making Korg look at Valkyrie who was more confuse as him.

Korg stepped aside for Carol to went in; muttering a thank you, Carol went inside to see a already half-drunk Thor sitting at his favorite chair drinking his 10th bottle of beer.

"What happen? Why did he suddenly became like that?" Valkyrie whispered but loud enough for Carol to hear. Carol look at her with a frown as her eyes went back to the God of Thunder.

"We failed—failed to get the others back. Just because of the disappearance of the stones." Carol answered feeling the sadness eating her up internally. She didn't even know what she gonna do right now, all her plans to comfort Thor was now immediately gone after she see him in that state; drinking his problems away. But still knowing that it will came back to him.

"And I came here—to atleast comfort him." She said still staring at now crying Thor.

After seeing him cry, she quickly walk to him and bend down to cup his face.

"Hey, Look at me." She whispered softly wanting locking her eyes with his.

His cries turn to snobs as he find himself looking at her brown eyes who held so much softness into them making his heart clench as his stomach feels weird.

"Carol?" He said barely audible but Carol smiles nodding her head.

"Yes, I am." She said softly giving him a soft smile while some footsteps makes sound, signalling her that Korg and Valkyrie went outside leaving them.

"I failed." Thor said full of disappointment while shaking his head after Carol stops cupping his face and drink the alcohol he was still holding.

Carol look at the bottle and softly get it away from Thor's hands and intertwined her hands with his, not really knowing what she was doing to the God of Thunder.

"I'm human, but I totally don't know how people comforts someone. But let me try...let me try to comfort and make you feel that it isn't your fault." She confessed making Thor look at her softly and give a squeeze of their intertwined hands making Carol look up at her.

"You were doing great." He whispered feeling his eyelids getting heavier.

"Sleepy?" Carol asked as she stands up but still not letting go of his hands.

"No, I'm not." Thor denied making Carol shakes her head.

"Don't deny it, it's too obvious. Now, go to your bed and sleep. I will go back tomorrow." She said letting go of his hands smiling but was too stunned when Thor suddenly held them again and pull her close.

She blushed, not really know why. "What are you doing?" She said freeing herself from his iron grip on her petite waist.

"Please stay...i don't wanna be alone tonight." She shiver as she feel his breath dumping against her neck.

"Okay, okay. Just let me go, I can't move." She said shaking her way out of his hug but it gets even more tighter than before making her blushing face turn into redder one.

"I want to feel you close to me. Please, give me this chance." He whispered softly. After that, she starting to hear a soft snores signalling that Thor was already asleep making her sigh as she make herself comfortable in his arms even her heart was rapidly beating against her chest.

"What are you doing to me?" She muttered looking at Thor who was peacefully sleeping.