CHAPTER 31: A New Device

MYSTIQUE

I start feeling myself begin to wake up from this deep sleep I feel like I've been in for a long time as I still feel groggy.

While slowly opening my eyes, I can see a couple feet away from me, a figure of someone and as I tried blinking a few times and while trying to open my eyes more to see clearer, I hear a familiar voice I wasn't too sure I would ever hear again.

"Mystique?" The voice says.

When my vision becomes more clear finally,  I am so happy to see that it's Liona and that she looks to be okay. Well, better than I thought she look. Despite the busted lip and dried up blood on her face by her mouth and nose along with her hair messy and has both her wrists tied together also.

It seems they have put us each in a cage next to each other that happened to be in a foul smelling dark and dampened place where there was no light and no windows and the couple of lights that were working, only were on in our cells.

I quickly then get up and start going towards her.

"Oh my god are you okay?" I start to cry.

"Of course I am. Those assholes can't hurt me." She smiles as she places her hands through the bars and we take hold of each other's hands.

"Listen, we're gonna be okay. Benson and some FBI agents will be here really soon and..." I stopped myself as soon as I remembered the wire. So I quickly start trying to feel around my chest but feel that it's no longer there.

"What?!" Liona asks curious.

"Oh shit, that's right! He found out I had a wire. He must've gotten rid of it after they chloroformed me." I tell her. "Oh my god, they won't come for us." I start to panic and freak out a little bit.

"Shh. Calm down. It's gonna be okay. They're professionals and plus, Benson's with them." She smiles at me reassuringly.

We next hear the door slam opened and notice a couple guys I recognized from inside the limo, come stomping towards us.

They each open the doors to our cages and quickly yet forcefully start yanking us by our tied wrists and then grab us by the arm and start dragging us up the stairs.

The moment we immediately left our prison cells, I right away saw Mordecai along with his men all standing around in a circle with their backs turned towards us and as we got closer, they started to turn.

We came to an abrupt stop next to Mordecai where the guys still held our arms and stood there. This was it.

"Well, now that you're both awake and here, it's time we get started." Mordecai grins in a sinister way.

He nods his head to the guys holding me and Liona and the men begin dragging us over towards a big cage. However, it looks like something out of a horror movie. 

It's a steel ironed cage wrapped with barbed wires along with two rusty ironed chains next to each other, hanging from the roof of the cage. What the fuck?!

The closer we get the more me and Liona try fighting off the guys pulling us but they grab our hair hard and throw us inside where the bottom even has barbed wires around it and seeing as to how they took our shoes at some point while we were passed out, her and I screamed in agonizing pain as each sharp point scraped across our flesh, cutting some parts deeper causing blood to gush out. Then we were lifted out of nowhere and  were held up while one guy locked our tied wrists in a cast ironed cuff link connected to the chain. They then did the same with Liona's.

"You'll never get away with this." I warn him.

"We'll see. In fact, we're about to find out soon enough just how much you mean to him." He says.

He next takes his cell phone and calls someone who I soon find out is Benson. Did he just say that he was outside?

The next thing I feel and hear are the chains lifting us both up side by side with blood from our fresh cuts, dripping off our feet and onto the ground through the cage. Then the guys slap duct tapes over our mouths right before the big loud door to the place opens up and in walks the agents and Benson.

I try to yell, despite the restriction from the duct tape but still it did the trick as I noticed Benson yelling out for me as he began running towards me until a huge guy in Mordecai's crew grabs him by the neck and yanks him back.

"WHAT THE FUCK, MORDECAI?!" Benson yells at him.

"Do you like it?" Mordecai laughs to himself. "It's amazing the ideas you can get from the internet on torturing devices. And we all know I'm a fan of old and new ones."

This isn't good. This will not end well. How did I ever get to this?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)