Chapter 28: Dane

Wednesday, 9:43 A.M.

I hang up my phone and toss another one of Jenalyn's many outfits that managed to accumulate in my closet into the suitcase I'd started packing an hour ago.

Why do I keep getting so distracted?!

The thought passes through my mind about as quick as my current train of thought runs out. I'm left with the memories from last night, which seem to be the only thing that'll linger in my head long enough to really think about.

'I want you to make Rob pay for what he did to me...' Jena's words ring through my mind for the millionth time- prompting the same series of questions and thoughts to flood in soon after.

Jenalyn wants to me kill Rob? My main man?

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of times I already find myself asking to do the same thing, but... fuck! For some bitch who sits around here to literally test me on the daily?

Could I even do that?

Rob's voice is next to flood my mind, and the way he apologized when I flipped on him about getting head from Jena. The lack of hatred he had for her when he took a beating for it...

'He made it seem like I should have chose him over you..' Jenalyn's voice rings though my head again, furthering my suspicions that whatever happened last night- Rob did walk away feeling something about Jenalyn... That he could've been this whole fucking time.

Isn't that what they say about fucking children? The boys pick on the girl they're crushing on? Is that why this asshole has been so butthurt over Jenalyn's status with me?!

Or was the pussy acting out because he wants what he can't have?

My blood boils again. Just like it has been since Jena passed out and left me alone to my tornado of a mind.

'I want you to make Rob pay for what he did to me..' Jena says again, this time loud enough in my mind to where I have to look beside me to confirm she's still asleep, and that it really was in my mind.

I'm left with the same question I've had all morning.. could I do it? No, not just could I do it- could I kill the only ride or die I've had my entire life for this bitch?

My boiling blood screams yes as it sears through my veins, but my mind tells me this is the shit Rob says I've lost my mind for in the first place...

I light a cigarette, pulling my mind from the circle track I'd managed to let it slip back on despite the millions of things I've got to get done before we leave for the mountains.

I pull my phone from my pocket and text Rob.

Dane: Be packed and
ready with Ev by 11.
T is watching over things.

I grab another one of Jena's outfits from the closet, tossing it into the suitcase. Jena stirs on the bed beside it, proving last nights case of her being a light sleeper as she groggily sits up from the bed.

"We're gonna out soon, babygirl. Do whatcha gotta do before 11." I tell her.