33. mar 20, 16:46

it was like time froze; jungkook stood gaping at the phone screen in his hand, trying to process what had just happened literally a minute ago when that message popped up on the device.

then, something snapped.

it was like all the planets in the universe had aligned; it was like the gentle fall of rain on a sunny day, eventually painting the sky with a beautiful rainbow; it was like getting your food at a restaurant after the growing anticipation and hunger; it was like your loved one finally coming home after months of being away.

jungkook busted through the room door he'd been sitting in front of for the past 45 minutes, cheeks already stained with wet tracks as he was met with those starry-filled eyes once again.

"well you look like shit," the man in front of him chuckled.

god how he missed that deep warm voice and that gentle laugh. it was always music to the younger's ears and after so long, he finally found his melody again.

even after being in a coma for six months, the man sitting on the hospital bed still looked as beautiful as ever.

"you're here," jungkook choked, the words barely coming out in a whisper as he stepped closer to the bed, the bouquet and his phone long forgotten as they had been dropped and abandoned on the floor.

flashing him that signature boxy smile that jungkook loved so much, taehyung gently took hold of the younger's hand, pulling him closer and into his arms, "i'm here."