3. Decisions and Doubts

A/N: I'm gonna start with dedications now. My first one goes to my sister hooliganbaby because she's always there for me and encouraging me to write.



They had agreed that Mrs and Mr Weasley would bring Draco´s issue into the Order. The boy was a bit anxious. He especially feared the reaction of his godfather. After all, he would have to find out about Draco´s situation from the Order instead of Draco himself.

When Bill, Mr and Mrs Weasley came back from the meeting in the evening, everyone was gathered at the dinner table as they told them about the results.

“Draco will stay with us over the Christmas holidays, but no one is allowed to find out. The only ones knowing are us and the Order.” Mr Weasley said.

“They will also put more wards and protective charms around the house.” Mrs Weasley added. “Is that okay for you, Draco?”

Draco´s cheeks were tinted pink as he looked around the table for an answer. Bill, Ginny, Fred and George were smiling at him encouragingly. Fleur just looked curious and Ron and Harry glared at him. Draco grinned widely at the two before he turned back to Mr and Mrs Weasley. “I would love to stay. If it´s no burden, of course. I have a bit money on me. I can give-”

“No.” Mrs Weasley said firmly. “We don´t want money. It´s fine. We´ll just make ourselves a nice Christmas. And New Years.”

Draco made a mental note to sneak them some galleons when they were not looking. He still felt a weird living under their rickety roof and eating their farmers food without giving anything. But at least most people appreciated his presence. And he loved getting under Potter´s skin, even though he had to be subtle if he did not want to whole Weasley house turning against him.

“And after the break,” Mr Weasley said, “You can all return to Hogwarts. Albus assured us that you will be perfectly safe there. You too, Draco. They will not let Lucius or any other Death Eaters near the school.”

“But they have plans of invading the school.” Draco said without thinking. The room went completely silent, everyone was staring at him. He let out a nervous laugh, “I mean, I-I...”

“How do you know that?” Mr Weasley said. “That´s insider information. We knew that, of course, but...” He trailed off.

Draco looked down at his food, clutching his left forearm tightly. “Umm... They sometimes have the meeting at our home.” Draco said, telling half the truth. “I hear things.” He did not dare to look up. He did not want to see the scared or disgusted expressions on their faces.

“Draco...” He looked up at the unexpectedly gentle tone. “It´s okay.” Ginny said, and the others agreed with nods and sympathetic smiles. Except for Ron and Potter, who just looked thoughtful.

“You´re safe here.” Mrs Weasley agreed. “Just one Patronus to the ministry and we´ll have a whole Auror team here. Besides, I don´t think they would expect you here of all places.” Draco sent her a small grateful smile.

“Oh, I almost forgot.” Mr Weasley said. “Severus wants to see you, Draco. He´s busy today, but he´s coming tomorrow for dinner.”

“Oh.” Draco´s face fell. “What, umm... What did he say?”

“Not much.” Mr Weasley shrugged. “He had his usual mask on that doesn´t show anything.”

“Oh.” Draco just said. This could mean anything. His godfather wore this mask of callousness often. Draco had found out that at times, the reason for the lack of visible emotions on Uncle Sev's face was because there was so much going on in his head that he had no idea what to settle on. Of course, it was also a way of self-preservation, but if there was no danger, it was mostly his indecisiveness. Draco hoped he was not too mad.