8. Christmas

A/N: I would like to dedicate this to ReynaDiAngelo14. Thank you for encouraging me and reading and voting. Sorry the update comes only now. I wanted to do it yesterday but I got unexpected visitors and I had to show them around...

#

Just like Draco had suspected, he woke up with a mouthful of black, strangely soft hair. The scent was so distinctively Potter and he could not help but bury his nose into it for a few more minutes. Then, he tried to untangle himself from the other boy, but Potter grumbled in his half asleep state and tightened his arm around him. Draco's heart sped up. He could not deny that the feeling inside his stomach was anything but negative. Potter's strong arms with, in comparison to Draco's, tan skin, wrapped around him... it woke something inside Draco that he never knew he wanted.

"Potter." Draco hissed, trying to not disturb Ron's sleep. It was still quite early.

"What..." Potter grumbled. "Comf'tble."

"I know." Draco hissed. "But I need to get the presents under the Christmas tree."

Potter stayed still for a few seconds, still not releasing Draco. Then he blinked up at Draco, seeming to gather the content in the other boy's statement. "Presents?" It took Potter a few more seconds, then he sat up abruptly, his sleep haze disappearing from his eyes. "It's Christmas!"

"Shh..." Draco whispered. "I don't want everyone to wake up yet. I'm gonna go downstairs."

Potter stood up, throwing a sweater over his head. "I'm coming with you."

"Okay." Draco whispered. It was still dark but the moon was shining through the roof window. From behind some boxes, Draco pulled out a huge bag. Potter followed him as he carried the presents down the stairs as quietly as possible.

Only when they reached the living room, Potter dared to talk. "You know. The Weasleys normally just put the presents in a stocking and leave them at the end of their beds. Everyone opens them first thing in the morning. I've seen our stockings."

"Our stockings?" Draco wondered as he opened the bag and put the presents under the Christmas tree. "Who would have presents for me?"

"Snape?" Potter guessed.

"But Uncle Sev would not put them in a stocking." Draco said. "At home I got way too many presents for them to fit in a stocking. We always put everything under the Christmas tree and opened them together. It's quite fun."

Potter shrugged. "I don't know why they are doing it like that."

"Maybe they don't want to see the disappointment in each others eyes when they open the cheap presents." Draco sniggered.

"Fuck you." Potter said. "I was starting to find you decent."

"Relax." Draco said. "I was kidding."

"You always say that-"

"Shh..." Draco quietened him.

"You always say that." Potter said with a lowered voice. "But you don't mean it. You're insulting them. You're blaming them for their lack of Galleons, but guess what? Mr Weasley should have been promoted long ago but pricks like your father prevent that from happening, just because he doesn't have the same opinions like these prejudiced assholes."