Chapter Two

It had been about four weeks since I started at Smosh. Shayne had admitted to me that he did like Damien, and had for about three or four months now. Shayne also said I "wasn't allowed to date his friends" meaning Courtney. Which sucked but if I did, he didn't need to know. I had become friends with her, and the rest of the cast. I've also been getting way closer with Shayne too.

Before I started working here, Shayne and I only talked maybe once a month, sometimes more. But because we work together, we had to go back to when we were kids and saw each other every day. We were a lot closer when we were kids. We lived together, so obviously, we would be. I was currently in my office, talking to Damien.

"So, Shayne isn't cool with you and Courtney because..." He trailed off. "They're friends or some shit," I told him with a sigh. "I think he's into her, honestly," Damien said, and I held back a laugh. "Yeah, maybe," I told him with a shrug. "Knock knock," Courtney said, opening the door. "Hey, Courtney," Damien said. "Hey, Court!" I greeted. "Am I interrupting something?" She asked. I shook my head, "Day was just leaving."

"Yeah, talk to you later, Stel," Damien said and left. "So, what's up?" I asked her. "Well, Olivia, Mari, Boze, Sarah and I are hanging out Friday night and I wanted to know if you wanted to join?" She asked me. "I'd love to." I smiled and she nodded. "Tell Damien to come back in," Courtney said, leaving my office.

I got up from my desk to see Damien "casually" sitting in the chair outside my office on his phone. "Day, c'mon," I waved him over.

-Friday-

It was Friday, and I was going to Courtney's to hang out with the girls after work. Court offered to give me a ride, and I accepted. But, I left my shit at my apartment so she said she would pick me up from my apartment. I felt kind of shitty because I always mooch rides of Damien, and now I was doing the same thing to Courtney. Before Smosh, I used Uber or something. But, Damien and I live in the same building so it made sense.

I sighed and set my head on my desk. "Am I interrupting something?" I heard someone say. "Hey, Shay. Just realizing I'm a shitty friend, nothing major." I told him, putting my head up. "What happened, Stel?" Shayne asked, sitting down after closing the door. "I'm hanging out with all the girls this weekend, Mari, Boze, Olivia, Sarah and Court. Court offered to drive me so, me being without a car, I said yes.

So, I realized how big of a mooch I've been to Damien, always asking him for rides home and shit." I said and he gave me a confused look. "You guys live in the same building, though?" He asked. "Yeah, but still. I gotta apologize." I said. "You and Damien are so alike, it's insane," Shayne said with a chuckle. "So you've said," I told him with a laugh. "I need to say sorry to Day, and to Court when I see her," I said, laying my head back down on my desk. "Now might be a bad time but, you and Courtney are just friends, right?" Shayne asked me. I sighed. "Yes, Shayne. Courtney and I are just friends."

"I didn't mean it like that, Stella, I-" He started before I cut him off. "I know what you meant, Shayne. Don't worry about it." I said, bringing my head back up. There was another knock on my door. "Hey, Stel?" Damien said, peaking his head past the door. Shayne said up in his chair. "What's up, Day?" I asked him.

"I finished filming for the day, so let me know when you're ready and we can head out," Damien said. "Let me finish talking to Shay and we can go, alright?" I asked. He nodded, "Yeah, sure. I'll be in the kitchen," He said. "Yeah, sure," I said and he left. "Shay, you good?" I asked him. "You-You and Dames, there's nothing there, right?" Shayne asked me. He seemed like he was genuinely worried or like, jealous?

"No, Shayne, My God!" I yelled. "Sorry." He muttered. "Shayne. You think I would do that to you, try to get with the dude you're into?" I asked him, offended. "I didn't mean it like that!" Shayne responded. "Just get out, dude, I gotta go anyway. Damien's waiting." I said and turned off my computer. Shayne sighed, "Can we talk about this later, please?" He asked. "Yeah, whatever, Shayne. Later." I said, waving him off with my hand. I packed my shit up as he left.

The argument was petty as fuck, but I was hurt. He's my brother, and he thought I would fuck him over like that. I grabbed my bag, through it over my shoulder and walked to the kitchen to find Damien. I saw him talking to Lasercorn. "Hey, Day, you ready?" I asked when he was finished talking. "Yeah. I'll see you later, Laser." Damien said waving him. "Hey, Damien?" I asked once we were on the road.

"Mhm?" He responded. "I'm sorry for always asking for rides and stuff," I apologized. "It's totally fine, Stella. We live in the same building." He said, not acting like this was as serious as it was. "I know, but I feel bad about like, mooching off you," I told him. "You're not, Stel." He told me. "Yeah, but still." I sighed.

"Listen, you're fine, Stel. It's cool." He told me. "Let's talk about something else. You're hanging with Courtney this weekend, yeah?"