with two left

(b.y.)
brett arrived at the opera house early, his mind set on going to eddy's dressing room. he raised his hand up to knock on the door, but heard eddy talking inside, presumably on the phone. he pressed his ear up to the door, listening in on eddy's conversation.

"...it's been really good, actually. i had a meeting last night..."

so that's where he was.

"...and i think i've decided to go to brisbane next..."

brisbane?! it was by no means far, but it certainly wasn't close.

"...i've made some friends here, too..."

friends. brett sighed in disappointment. so that's what they were. friends. he was about to walk away from the door when he heard his name in the conversation.

"...actually, the concertmaster here, his name's brett. he's pretty nice."

hmph. pretty nice.

"...no, mum, i don't have a crush on him. we're just friends..."

at that, brett pulled himself away from the door, feeling as if his heart had dropped to the pit of his stomach and as if he could slap eddy chen right in his beautiful face. he had been played.

-

(e.c.)
eddy chen was a complete and utter liar.

when his mother had teasingly asked him if he had a crush on brett, he said no, even though he knew that he was most definitely falling in love with brett.

he had even decided that morning, after he realized how much he missed brett's presence the night before, that he was going to ask brett to be his boyfriend—officially—and invite him to spend his vacation with eddy in brisbane. but, he was nervous, he didn't know how to ask brett, and he wanted to make it special. on top of that, it was definitely a stretch. the two violinists had only known each other for a couple of weeks, and now eddy was inviting brett to come with him to a city nearly 1000 kilometers away? it was undoubtedly a crazy idea. but even eddy couldn't deny the strange attraction he felt to brett, he had never felt like this about someone before.

-

eddy was preparing to go on stage for his second to last concert with the sydney symphony orchestra. he wanted this performance to go particularly well, at least better than all the rest, to hopefully give him the courage to ask out brett afterwards.

however, things felt different when he walked on stage and shook brett's hand. brett didn't even look at him, or smile, and didn't squeeze his hand like he normally did. eddy brushed it off though, maybe brett was just distracted.

lia definitely noticed however, and looked at brett with a hint of concern on her face. he didn't look back, and that's when she knew that there was definitely something going on between the two of them.

in fact, she noticed the tension continue throughout the concerto.

eddy started to notice, too. he often made eye contact with brett during the concert, yet there was none of that tonight. brett kept his eyes trained on his stand, but eddy could tell that he wasn't looking at the music. brett knew the concerto like the back of his hand, he was just ignoring eddy.