Illusion 1: Birth Part A

Hollow, desolate, lonely, yet beautiful were the only words to describe the sight. An eerie, yellowish glow illuminated shallow, dust filled craters along the imperfect white surface. A myriad of galaxies exploded instantly within the darkened indigo sky only to disappear once more. A blanket of unrecognizable stars painted the sky as it expanded above the horizon to create a curve that only grew as one looked up. The atmosphere was solemn yet threatening, as if the peace could shatter in an instant to summon hoards of armies. It mattered not whether this vision was the product of an untamed imagination or restful sleep, for it was the world that the young woman laid her eyes on.

Entranced by the scenery, she failed to notice a bronze tower erect before her. Its cracked walls decorated with barred windows spiraled into the evening sky. A chill ran itself along the girl's spine at the sight. She immediately recognized what it was: a prison tower. Like an abandoned rook piece forgotten through time, it emitted despair and bitterness as it loomed over anyone who encountered it. Shackles echoed within the hollow tower as something drew closer. The girl's heart sank with each dragging sound. With short panicked breaths, she felt hopeless as her fear froze her in place. Finally, the noise stopped right behind the rusted iron door. "I'm afraid that your visit here is premature." Shadowed within the tower, the prisoner spoke these words. "I do hope that you'll visit of your own volition next time, Krys."

The girl was unable to respond. How does she know my name? she wondered.

Suddenly, a silver circle spun behind Krys. "Ride. Omniscience Regalia, Minerva!" the prisoner stated. Her voice echoed within the tower as a shadowed god manifested. Its angelic figure was clearly outlined, with breathtaking beauty that could be felt from beyond the darkness. Krys recognized it as a unit from the game. A violent gust flung Krys into the prison tower as the goddess spreads her wings. In the next moment, its staff impaled Krys' abdomen. She was unable to respond during the initial shock. The chill of iron penetrated her flesh instantly and churned her organs. Krys looked up in horror to find a corrupted smile appear on the shadowed goddess. Her vision blurred and hearing faded. The last thing she heard was the prisoner's sweet voice. "Remember this sensation, Krys. For it will be the key to your survival here." The staff was removed as swiftly as it penetrated. Krys fell to her knees with blood pouring from her lips. Her vision and hearing finally disappeared as she collapsed into the dusty crater.

********

The deafening blare from the alarm clock saved Krys from her imperative death. Holding onto her stomach, she silenced the alarm as she steadied her breathing. Sweat dripped from her chin as she recalled the blow to the abdomen. Her skin had been a flimsy barrier that failed to protect her organs from getting torn. Her vision faded to black as she recalled everything with vivid details. She finally calmed down once she reminded herself that she shouldn't recall everything that happens in nightmares. Kicking off her orange blanket, she jumped onto the floor in her yellow pajamas.

Krystal Reid, more commonly known as Krys, was a 16 year old student at Watter's High School. She was a spunky young woman that had a pixie cut with red highlights made from her wavy blond hair. As she enjoyed reading, her green eyes were bright with hope and intelligence. She had a modest body type at 5'4", with a light skin tone that gets tanned easily. Young and intelligent, people claim that she has a bright future ahead of her. Her school uniform consisted of a burgundy skirt and a black button-up shirt. Beneath her skirt she wore black leggings and red sneakers. Finally, she wore a gray cardigan with the school's owl mascot on it over her shirt. After eating and getting dressed, she shoved the deck boxes from her drawer into her bag before heading to school.

Krys' living situation is unlike others. Her birth parents sacrificed themselves to save her during a bank robbery while she was still young, so she barely has any recollection of them. With no immediate family to take her in, she was forced into an orphanage at the age of 3. There, she found solace in one of the older girls, Alex. At first Alex ignored Krys as an ignorant and annoying brat, but as time passed the two grew closer than real siblings. Although separated for a few years while Alex joined the Navy, the two ended up living together five years ago. Thanks to this, Krys has a deep sense of gratitude and openly shows disgust when people forget theirs. To be less of a burden on her then college-going sister, Krys learned how to cook and clean in order to make things simpler for Alex. Although Alex's occupation keeps her away from home often, the two are still inseparable.