Illusion 2: Birth Part B

The initial wound had closed, leaving only the reminiscence of pain and a numbing sensation behind. With the feeling of her bloodied clothes sticking to her skin, Krys forced herself to continue. "My turn. Stand and draw." Her fingers trembled with each movement, nearly making her unable to play. "Ride the vanguard, Recklessness Dragon!" Almost slamming the card in order to play, Demolition Dragon was engulfed by a lightning bolt. Blue wings dispersed the electricity, revealing a new unit summoned for battle. "Skill activates. By counter blasting 1 I bind Akane face up." Akane shuddered in pain as she was struck by another lightning bolt. Her heartwrenching scream was muffled by the echo of thunder, causing Krys to turn away in unease. "Hardrod's skill, I rest it in order to bind a card from your drop zone. However since nothing was bound, I counter charge and give 3000 to it. Call, Demonic Dragon Berserker, Chatura. Chatty's skill give it 3000 power during my turn. Battle! Recklessness Dragon attacks Jauron."

"No guard," Avatar declared. "Your attack won't go through unless you get a trigger."

"Quit stating the obvious. Check the drive trigger." The revealed card shone a bright yellow as it was revealed. "Malevolent Djinn, critical trigger. I give all effects to Chatty." Recklessness Dragon was swatted downwards as its 9000 failed to reach Jauron's 10000. "Chatura attacks your vanguard for 21000."

Avatar smiled at the upcoming attack. Jauron's pain resonated with him as Chatura jabbed his side with its lance then created a gash within his chest. Avatar's chest grew red from the attack as he performed his damage check. The first card shone green once revealed. "First check: Yggdrasil Maiden, Elaine, heal trigger. I give 10000 to my vanguard, however I am unable to heal. Second check, Swordsman of Explosive Flames, Palamedes; no trigger."

"Chatty's skill activates. Although I'm unable to bind a card from your drop zone, I can still counter blast in order to draw a card." Krys gulped, well aware of what will happen during the next turn. Counting the cards in her hand, she finally said "I end my turn." (Damage Krys 2, Avatar 3, hands 8-5)

"Stand and draw." A blinding aura glowed in the form of wings as Avatar raised the card above his head. "Hallowed dragon, bless the battlefield with your presence. In the midst of devastation, you offer the greatest hope. Ride, Soul Saver Dragon!" Jauron and the two Pongals knelt before the holy light. Manifesting its wings first, the sacred guardian dragon of the United Sanctuary descended onto the field. Seeing his time up, Jauron disappeared into Soul Saver's radiance. "Plus Imaginary Gift, Force!" He placed the marker on the front row circle in his left column, directly in front of Pongal. Krys gulped, nervously shaking in fear and anticipation. "Pongal moves forward. Thanks to Force it gains 10000 power during my turn. Now call, Little Sage, Marron and Swordsman of Explosive Flames, Palamedes. Marron's skill, counterblast. Because another unit was called into the same column as it, it gains 3000 power and I draw (Marron 8000-11000). Palamedes activates, soul charge." A Blaster Blade was put into the soul. "Hallowed Dragon, allow your grace to give strength to your comrades. Holy Charging Roar!" Bathed in a gentle light, Soul Saver blessed Avatar's units. Her skill activated with the cost of Soul Blasting 5; in doing so all units on Avatar's field gained 15000 power. (Soul Saver 13000-28000, Pongal A 18000-33000, Pongal B 8000-23000, Marron 11000-26000, Palamedes 13000-28000.) "Plus onto even greater heights! For every card soul blasted, Palamedes gains an addition 5000. Its new total is 53000." Avatar smirked, enjoying Krys' reaction to his plays. "Battle! With a boost from Pongal, Soul Saver Dragon attacks your Recklessness for 51000. With her skill I soul charge." Little Sage, Marron was placed into the soul.

Krys panicked before the gathering light. Avatar's unit amassed a ball of energy within its bosom and shot it at her. Her body acted before her mind. In the midst of fear, Krys placed a unit on the guardian circle while discarding a second Chatura. "Wyvern Guard, Guld. Perfect Guard!" The wyvern manifested before Recklessness Dragon, creating a barrier that reflected the blast into the sky.