The First Day

Human Form┆Time; 8:09

"Today's the first day and since you are all now high school students we will be doing something different." said Mr.Sweet's loud voice as we all wondered what exactly he meant. "I am friends with Mr.Hitou, the principal of this school, and he has given me permission to do whatever I like today."

Coming out from behind his desk, "You usually get your student ID's next week but you'll be getting them today. I have a surprise planned for next week."

"..." was the class' reaction. For some reason, I didn't like that statement either. In middle school, we heard about Mr.Sweet. He was one of the coolest & funniest teachers, but also could be really serious and strict if he had to. It was almost impossible to tell what he meant by "surprise."

"Now get up! We're going to the deans office to get the pictures for your student ID's taken! You can introduce yourselves when we get back!" The students got up and began to exit the classroom. I followed slowly behind my friends, hands in my pockets.

▸ ѕcene cнange

We were finally back in the classroom. Taking pictures took forever. But, it was to be expected. Shuuya kept doing the exact opposite of what the Dean told him. He's already making THAT kind of reputation for himself, on the first day no less.

Shuuya was rather troublesome for the teachers in middle school, he already has a reputation for being "unpredictable" as the teachers called it. I thought maybe he'd start off on a new leaf now that we're in high school but he continues to prove me wrong.

I sighed and glanced around, their were a lot of kids that I hadn't seen before. "The schedules and handbooks are here on my desk. The first person in each row, get enough and pass them back." Mr.Sweet said. A girl with yellow hair was the first in the row I was in. She got up and got 6 schedules and handbooks, taking one and passing the rest back.

Shuuya turned around to face me, handing me a schedule and a handbook. "Eyeing that girl over there, are you?" he asked, with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and looked over my schedule.

"Ignore the schedule today," Mr.Sweet began, which earned some looks from the students. "For the rest of the day, except for lunch, you'll be in this classroom. You can start introducing yourselves. I'll be in the teacher's lounge all day. But I'll be back for homeroom."

In a more menacing tone, he said, "I should be able to leave you all in this classroom without you causing problems." A glance directed at Shuuya, "This isn't middle school anymore. You're high school students now, so you'll be punished indifferently if you do something bad. All of the other teachers will be in the teachers lounge as well so if you have friends in another class, they'll be allowed to stop by. And since we're being nice today, you can use electronics as well."

Mr.Sweet exited the room. I let out a sigh of relief, the first day wasn't going to be so bad after all. "I'll go get Tsubomi and the rest of them." I told Shuuya, who nodded in response, the rest of our friends crowding around him. A couple of girls approached Ultear, I smiled and left the room.

Tsubomi's class was right next to ours. I looked inside, the teacher wasn't their. He or she must've gone to the teachers lounge like Mr.Sweet had said. I found Tsubomi, Momo, Ene & Takara standing in the corner of the classroom. Surrounding a... girl?

I entered the classroom and got several looks from the students. I walked over to Takara and put a hand on her shoulder. She jumped. "Oi Gray, don't do that! You scared me!" she said, pounding my chest with her small hands. "Sorry sorry." I said, holding up my hands in surrender.

"So you guys got the same speech as us right?" I asked them, each giving a small nod. "Great. Now I told Shuuya that I'd bring you all over to our classroom. Lego (Let's go)."

"We've made a new friend! Can she come too?" Momo asked.

I had forgotten that they were talking to someone before I came in. "Whatever." I said, replying to Momo. My eyes turned to the girl, she had stunning red hair. She averted her eyes, daring not to make eye contact with me. Shy, eh? "I'm Gray, and your name?" I asked, holding in my annoyance. She mumbled, "Watashi Aluri-des." It was a start.

"Yay now that that's established. Tell me about the stupid things Shuuya did already." came Ene's cheerful voice. We began walking back to my classroom as I explained to her how he was already causing trouble. The others following behind us with Aluri.

I entered back into my classroom. A few glances reached me as I made my way to my seat. "So who's this?" Shuuya asked, referring to the red-haired girl, as I sat down. "She wasn't here for the middle school so we thought we'd help her. She's a really nice person, just kind of shy at first." Tsubomi said with a smile. "Sounds like you." Sora mumbled.

"Hey Gray, can I see your Handbook?" Tsubomi asked. I picked it up off my desk and handed it to her, wary of what she might do with it. BAM. She hit Sora on the head. Sora cringed from the sudden impact. Shuuya, Shiro & Ene laughed. Tsubomi smirked. Takara and Aluri watched in surprise. I just couldn't be bothered by their nonsense.

The impact of my handbook colliding with Sora's head was loud enough to be heard throughout the classroom. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at us. My eyes trailed over to Ultear who sighed and then continued chatting with her new friends. I took out my phone and started to check MagicGram. It was going to be a long day.

▸ ѕcene advanceѕ

⋆~ιn нoмerooм~⋆

Mr.Sweet returned for homeroom like he said, "I trust you all had a good day."

I wouldn't say good, but it was interesting. At least it felt like Aluri was getting used to everyone.

"Regular classes will resume tomorrow. Don't think us teachers will be as nice as we were today. Be on time, be respectful, do your work, and we should have no problems." Their was that menacing aura again. "That's all, you're dismissed!"

Everyone got up and began to get their things ready. Ultear walked over to me, "You ready yet, Onii-chan?" This was one of the many things about Ultear that piss me off. She changes what she calls me whenever she wants so I don't know what to expect. "Pick one already idiot." I replied, she chuckled. "I'll call you Gray-Nii like Izayoi and Mayumi then." she said, walking away.

I told my friends goodbye and began to leave. Ultear told her new friends goodbye as well and then joined up with me at the front of the school. I was beginning to think that Mr.Sweet not taking attendance would make people think that me and Ultear were dating. It didn't really occur to me until I saw that more glances than usual were headed our way/ But I threw out the thought, their was no way I'd date someone as annoying as her.

I suggested we wait for Lyon and she agreed. I went to his classroom and got him so we could walk home together. "So how was your first day?" Lyon asked as we walked home. "I made some new friends." Ultear said, with pride in her voice. "Well I expected that from you, and you Gray?" I thought about it for a while, "Let's just say that I'll make sure not to get on Tsubomi's nerves when their's a book or anything that can hurt you, in reach." Lyon chuckled, "Good enough."