Duelling with Moody

At the moment I was on the Quidditch pitch like normal with Moody, well as much as we can do it since Umbridge.

But right now me and Moody were practicing duelling calmly as I looked to him in thought, wondering how to ask about what to learn new students about Defence. Like what should I teach them to begin with? Do I go back to the basics? Or start with the harder stuff first?

"Moods, what would you teach for the basics to survive?" I asked curiously to Moody, hoping he wouldn't ask why I wanted to know that.

"You'd go over spells like disarming, shields, stunning and other offence and defenceless spells." Moody said gruffly and I dodged the spell. "But I suspect Umbridge isn't teaching you anything."

"She's teaching us zilch. But would you go through the simple first and then get to the hardest like the Patronus charm?" I asked him and he looked to her, wondering why she was asking these specific questions to him.

"Yes if they can have a strong memory that will produce but even a basic shield Patronus can fight off Dementors long enough. Why do you want to know?" Moody asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm just naturally curious since I want to teach my friends due to Umbridge." I said and Moody nodded in agreement as we continued our duelling, at least I wasn't going rusty due to the Order and Moody.