CHAPTER SEVEN

Chapter Seven

//: What you doing? Need to see you!

//: I'm busy, not going to be able to entertain you today.

//: Man, I really need you, right now!

//: Do you need me, or do you just need some of this pussy?

//: Both...is that a problem all of a sudden?

//: Hit you back later!

//: Come on yes or no, it's a simple answer.

Aaron sat in the parking lot of the gym, staring at his iPhone. When no reply came after ten minutes, he threw the phone down into the passenger seat and back out of his parking spot. To say he was vexed was an understatement. He knew it was risky but with the way, he was feeling he had nothing left to lose.

****

Emerald was just getting in after her jog, she was thankful, she didn't forget the trail back to Kevin's house. After that satisfying workout, she only had two things on her mind. Taking a hot bubble bath and then taking a nap. She stepped into the bathroom and as soon as she turned on the shower water, the doorbell rang.

"Who the hell could that be?" she mumbled to herself heading for the front door. "It could be Jewel!" She answered the door with a smile that quickly faded once she saw who it was. "Aaron, right?" She shrugged.

"Yeah, you remember?" Aaron asked.

"Uh...well, Kevin and Jewel have been telling me about you," Emerald admitted.

"Okay, good. So, you know I'm your husband?"

"That's what they say, but that doesn't mean I know you."

This enraged Aaron even more. "Damnit Emerald, I'm tired of this lil' game you and Kevin playing. It's time for you to bring your stubborn ass home." Aaron got angrier with every word.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. Now please, leave!" Emerald was trying hard not to reveal the shakiness in her voice.

She tried to shut the door in Aaron's face, but he stopped it with his foot and barged into the house. He grabbed Emerald by her arm and held onto it as tight as he could.

Emerald struggled but could not get free due to his vice-like grip. "Let me go, I don't know you!" she yelled.

Aaron smirked and looked deep into her eyes. "Don't worry once I get you back home. You'll get reintroduced to me...all of me. So, we can do this the easy way, Emerald. Or I'ma drag yo' ass outta here kicking and screaming your choice love. Either way, I am not leaving here without my wife, that's final!" Aaron barked through clenched teeth.

Kevin pulled onto his street, as he got close to his house, he lowered the radio and his face contorted into a frown. "This muthafucka just won't take a fucking hint," he grunted as he parked the car and hurriedly got out.

As he moved closer to the door, he heard screaming and what sounded like a struggle. He stormed into the house and without a second thought, stepped behind Aaron, grabbed him by the neck and held him in a tight headlock, forcing him to let go of Emerald.

"Get off my woman, before I snapped your fuckin' neck," Kevin barked.

"Get...get...off me, man, can't...can't breathe." Aaron struggled with every word as the color flushed from his yellow, freckled face causing him to turn bright red. Aaron had no choice but to release his hold on Emerald as he was quickly losing consciousness.

Emerald rushed to her feet and grabbed Kevin's arm. "Baby, it's not worth it. Let him go, I'm calling the cops," Emerald said.

Kevin stared into Emerald's beautiful eyes, then back at Aaron who now appeared to be turning white. Kevin eased his hold and Aaron collapsed to the floor barely conscious.