CHAPTER FORTY.

SKY

The shower I had to take was cold because the heater was not working due to the power outage.

I needed to shower though, I swam in the lake and felt dirty because of the rain.

It was also to wash all of the sins I committed tonight.

Watching Alexander's eyes brighten when he spoke about our future together was a sin.

I was lying to him. Hiding the truth was lying, and it was hurtful to do.

My body was shivering hard due to the ice cold water, so I took that as a signal to get out.

I could picture Alexander waiting for me in the bed to make me warm, and it made me smile.

I quickly rubbed some lotion on, put on a big sweater and opened up the door.

Just thinking about seeing Alex made me smile, but that smile faded when I realized he wasn't there.

"Alex?" I called out, looking around my room. Nothing.

Taking off the towel on my head, I opened up my door and went out to look for him.

He wasn't in the bathroom, living room or kitchen.

I went back to my room, thinking that he was probably pulling a prank on me.

"Alex, I swear to god if you don't come out right now I'm gonna-" I began my threat but stopped when I saw what was on my bed.

My notebook that I wrote down all of my thoughts and secrets in, was open on my bed.

All I could hear was my heart beating at an unbelievable pace, my quick breaths and the gulps I was taking.

I walked over to it, realizing that it was that one page where I was talking about my secret I was hiding from Alexander.

His car wasn't anywhere in sight, so he really was gone.

I sat back down on the bed, looking at the storm outside.

I called Alexander at least a thousand times, hoping each time that he would actually pick up.

When I realized that there was no use, I gave up.

For hours, I just stared at the window. I didn't cry, yell or move. I just silently drowned in my own guilt, regret and silence.

My phone suddenly rang, and I didn't even look at the caller ID before answering. "Alex?!"

"Sky, this is Caroline." Caroline said, sounding so distressed and tired. "Is Alex going over there?"

"N-No. What's going on?" I could feel my head starting to get dizzy from the nervousness.

"We've had a rough night and he took a bottle of vodka before driving away. I'm really scared, Sky." She sounded like she's been stressed out for a long time.

"I-I think I know where he could be, I'll find him Caroline, don't worry." I reassured her.

She let out a sigh. "Thank you so much Sky. It means a lot."