Chapter 26

When I woke up the next day, I could feel a heartbeat in my pillow. My eyes opened, and I looked up to see half naked Harry smiling at me. I was laying on part of his arm with my head resting on his chest.

"Sleep well?" he asked, smirking.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked, my voice small.

"About ten minutes."

"Why didn't you get up?"

"Because you were comfy and I didn't want to wake you."

He was still smirking, and I realized I was still wrapped in his bare arms. I scooted over to my side of the bed while he chuckled.

"Now I'm cold," he complained.

"Well put some clothes on."

"I would if they weren't being worn by someone else."

I looked down and realized I was still wearing his shirt from last night.

"Right," I said slowly. "Sorry. I'll just..."

I slid way beneath the covers so he couldn't see anything but my hair, and I pulled his shirt off. I stayed under the blankets as I tossed him his shirt. It hit him in the face as he made no effort to catch it. I took note of how cute his smile was.

He pulled the shirt over his head and slid out of bed to get his pants.

"You know, it's not that big a deal," he chuckled. "You're not naked or anything. It's the same as you being in a bikini."

"I guess so," I sighed, hesitantly pushing the covers down and standing up. He leaned against the wall and watched me move across the room, still smirking, which didn't help at all.

"Perv," I teased, throwing a pillow at him as I pulled my top from yesterday on. I wiggled into my jeans, and when I turned around, Harry made no effort to avert his eyes.

"Don't be so shy," he said casually before walking over to check his phone.

What was going on after last night? We weren't a couple. Were we? He was just being a little bit happier than he usually was, but I wasn't complaining. I liked this Harry.

"So I was researching motels on my phone when you were asleep, and I found one thats pretty cheap close by. It seems safe too, and I doubt he'll think to check there if he comes after her. It's the best we'll find," he explained. "I'm thinking we could just swing by there and drop my mum off and then head back to campus."

"Good plan," I said.

Anne was already downstairs, and Harry explained everything to her while we ate breakfast.

Harry thanked his grandfather, as did I, and we were on the road thirty minutes later.

We dropped off Anne at the motel, gave her a good bit of cash, and made sure she was okay before we took off. The ride back to campus was surprisingly quiet. The radio was up, and I couldn't think of a damn thing to say after last night.

He dropped me off by my dorm, and I thanked him. He thanked me for everything again, and took off.

I walked like a mindless zombie up to my room, and it wasn't until I sat down on my bed that I realized how fucked up this was.

I needed someone to talk to, but who did I really have left? I dialed Collin's number and waited as it rang. I had to call three times before he picked up.

"Hey," he said.

"Are you busy?" I asked.

"I'm on my lunch break. What's up?"

"Um...okay, I'm first going to ask you to refrain from making any comments that could be viewed as rude or teasing because literally I'm freaking the fuck out and am not in the mood for your shit. No offense."

"Understandable," he laughed. "You have my word."

"Okay," I tried to breathe. "I'm just...I can't...I fucking kissed Harry and now I'm freaking out and I need someone to talk to but I don't know where to go or what to do or what's going on and he's just acting really happy now and we slept in the same bed and he didn't have a shirt on and I wore his shirt. I wore his shirt, Collin, and I don't know what the actual fuck to do because I'm feeling things and I don't like it. This is Harry Styles we're talking about and I don't know what to do because I think I..."

I trailed off, catching my breath. I had rambled every thought that I couldn't say on the ride home.

"Think you what, Andy?" Collin asked calmly.

"I think I...like him."

"Well, Andy, I'm a tad confused as to why you're just freaking out about this now," he said, a knowing tone to his voice. I could practically see his smirk.

"What?"

"After all, you told that judge you loved Harry Styles. I kind of assumed this stage of not knowing how to handle your loving emotions would have already passed."

The realization crept into my mind, and I couldn't believe I had let all that slip out of my mouth.

"Collin..."

"Look, I don't know what goes on between you and that Styles kid. But I saw the way you looked at him in that courtroom and sorry, but you can't act for shit."

"Collin, what are you trying to say here?" I asked, trying to sound annoyed to mask the nerves I was really feeling.

"I'm saying I know something weird has been going on with this trial of yours."

"Seriously?"

"Yes. And I know you lied under oath, but I'm not exactly sure what you lied about. You're pretty fucking stupid for doing that, but I'm not going to lecture you. The point is, you seemed pretty damn believable. The way you looked at him, and the way you lied under oath for him, paid his bail, accepted a minor criminal record so he wouldn't do time...Andy, you didn't kiss him by accident. I think you can figure this one out for yourself."

AUTHORS NOTE

oh my gOSH so many comments on the last chapter!!!! ddiisodjc they made me so happy omg you dont even know thank you so much! I wouldve updated Friday night but i was mEETING GERARD WAY OOPS and then had a school thing all saturday so

Thanks for reading and ilysm!!! Thanks for voting or commenting!! You da best c: x