Always (LoLu)

This is for CNFudge ! Hope it's okay!

Loke x Lucy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucy loves Loke but with him confessing to her every day she never knows whether or not he's joking. But all Loke really needs is one kiss and one word to convince her.

********************************************************************************************

"Open! Gate of the Lion, Leo!"

One flash of golden light later and the lion of the zodiac stood as cooly as ever.

"Loke! I need you to take these guys out!" Lucy ordered from beside him and Loke turned around to look at her as he pushed up his glasses.

"Lucy....." Loke began sighing before turning to look at her. "Your looking as beautiful as ever today." He winked at her and Lucy face palmed.

"Why is it that every spirit I summon today is insistent on talking instead of fighting? Taurus with my butt, Cancer with my hair......"

"Because we are so blinded by your beauty that we are frozen and can only wish for that singular moment to last for all eternity! Your eyes like chocolate pools filled with warmth, you hair sun kissed and-"

"Loke please we're meant to be-" Lucy tried to stop him but it was to late.

"Golden! Your an angel falling from the sky! And landing on earth the stars weep your fallen beauty! And now as a mortal you can never return to your chosen place in heaven but never fear for the stars will pick you up and give you a throne! And your body dear Lucy-"

"LOKE!" Lucy yelled blushing red. She did not want him to finish that sentence.

"Uh.... Should we just attack them or let them finish?" A mage of the dark guild they were fighting asked his friend who shrugged.

"Loke you can finish your monologue after the bad guys are beaten." Lucy sighed as Loke pouted at her.

Those damn eyes..... She could never resist them!

Rejuvenated by his beloved (in more ways then one) mistresses words, Loke jumped into action beating up the mages left and right and Lucy joined in, swinging and twisting her whip with trails of sparks.

A few minutes later and Lucy dropped to the ground exhausted and Loke snorted at the groaning people around them.

"They were barely worth noticing." Loke laughed and dropped to the ground beside Lucy.

"Loke......"

"Yes my dear princess?" He asked turning his face to her cheerfully.

"We need to talk about what you say......" Lucy began carefully and Loke's face fell.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean every time you come through the gate you laugh and joke and mess around saying you love me and all that and it's- it's messing with my head okay? Your a really dear friend Loke but this joke is old and annoying a-and-" Lucy broke off her sentence with a choke.

She loved Loke, she knew she did but she had no idea whether or not Loke's confessions (daily mind you) were a joke or not. Before he'd been returned to the spirit world she had seen him with woman after woman, that awful L-word spoken every time. Saying it came as easy as breathing to him!

'It's better this way.' Lucy thought to herself. 'The sooner he stops this stupid joke the sooner I can get over this stupid crush'

"Do you understand Loke?" Lucy asked looking at him but his face was turned away from her meaning that the few tears Lucy couldn't hold back went by unseen.

His shoulders shook and Lucy gripped his shoulder tightly.

"Do you understand?" She asked again and Loke jerked away, quickly standing up.

"How can you say that!" He yelled at her. "Every day I've said those words to you I've meant it! Every 'I love you,' every 'Princess,' every 'monologue,'" he said bitterly. "Has been real! I love you Lucy Heartphillia! And it's never been a joke!"

Lucy gaped at him before standing up slowly. Now she let the tears slide freely down her face.

"You really mean that?" Lucy stuttered feeling another knot in the back of her throat. "Do you really love me?"

Loke stroked her face and wiped up her tears with his rough finger tips.

"Always." He whispered before pressing his lips softly to her hers. He pulled away after a few seconds and looked at her beautiful warm eyes.

"Always."