sixty-two

Jeongguk was the typical bad boy you'd probably avoid during college years. His looks were intimidating, sporting something black every day without fail. He was one of those guys that would make you uncomfortable with just one look; he was nothing but trouble. He liked to play around with a lot of girls and boys from different departments, hooking up and leaving before the evening ends. His parents thought he'd be hopeless; Jimin, too, doubted him just because he wasn't focusing on his studies anymore. His life was all about parties and sex.

That was until he met Lee Jieun – resident smart-pants of the university. He didn't even know the girl existed because he was too busy having fun and receiving good sex from strangers, which are obviously attending the same university as him, but he's too lazy to even get their names. Jeongguk doesn't want attachment – he loathes it, but someone just had to ruin it for him.

The way they met was like one of those scenes from a romantic-comedy movie, where they had sex before they could even get to know each other. It was during a frat party, when Jeongguk spotted Jieun inside the kitchen all alone and she was drinking banana milk instead of beer. Jeongguk rolled his eyes at the oblivious girl, stepping inside the kitchen to snatch the drink from her, but as soon as they locked eyes, Jeongguk knew he was screwed. He didn't mean to stare at her for too long; he didn't really mean to ask her if he could kiss her, making the girl too flustered that she nodded without knowing what she's gotten herself in to. Jeongguk didn't mean to take her upstairs and inside an empty room so that they could go all the way.

Jeongguk doesn't fuck virgins just because they tend to cling a lot after sex and they wouldn't leave you alone. They'll stick to you like a fucking leech and you have to force them out – hurt them, before they could even let go. But maybe, just maybe, it was the alcohol taking over that made him fuck her. He was too intoxicated, and she was too beautiful underneath him, so maybe that's why he took the risk and fucked her – hard and fast.

Jeongguk was positive that it would be him who'll walk out of the room first without a single word. But, boy, was he surprised. As soon as they're done, Jieun immediately got up from bed, searched for her clothes despite her sore body, and succeeded in putting them back on. She limped towards the door, and before she could walk away she said, "This never happened."

The tables have turned and Jeongguk was the one chasing after her. At first, Jieun got annoyed. Jeongguk would always show up after her classes, insisting to walk her home, or take her out for coffee, and Jieun avoided him like a plague. She'd always end up creating fake excuses just so that he could get rid of the egoistic asshole who's been following her non-stop for more than a month already. Jieun's patience was running thin, and so she snapped at Jeongguk when she caught sight of him guarding the gates of her house. She dragged Jeongguk at a nearby park and scolded the shit out of him. The boy just looked at her intensely before blurting out a quick, "I like you. I want to date you. I'll change for you." But of course, Jieun rejected him.

When she thought it'll make Jeongguk stop, it didn't. Jeongguk became more determined than ever, and little by little, he proved himself to Jieun and her family. 'Bad boy Jeongguk' was gone and was replaced with another one – someone gentler, more sensitive, and more loving. Jeongguk changed for Jieun because he loved her. But it was wrong, everything felt so wrong. Jeongguk's body wasn't used to skipping alcohols and cigarettes, for fuck's sake, he doesn't even abstain! However, it was for Jieun. Everything was for Jieun, and when the girl finally accepted her in her life, Jeongguk became the happiest man in the planet.