Chapter 3

We made it to the summit and I had a pair of hand cuffs placed on me.

"To make sure you don't try anything." He said with a smirk.

"Good afternoon everyone. Hello, thank you for coming. Congratulations on winning this war. Now I know you all have hands to shake and photos to take downstairs so I will get right to the point. There is a new enemy out there, an enemy that will render your arsenals useless, your armies powerless and your nations defenseless. You'll need a new weapon for this war. I call them Sentinels. Named after the ancient guardians that stood at the gates of the Citadel. They have the aeronautic capabilities of a Harrier jet, armed with guns that can fire off more than two thousand rounds per minute of thermo-ceramic ammunition. But size, power, speed, you could find that at Lockheed or Boeing. No, what makes the Sentinels so special is the ability to target the mutant X gene. A genetic guidance system that can lock onto a mark half a mile away and won't trigger unless it's identified the target. With this weapon, there will be no human collateral damage. If I turn it on, the system couldn't even activate in here. Unless there's a mutant." He said as he turned it on.

The machine starts working and he points t at me.

"This girl is a mutant... her powers are extremely dangerous."

"What can she do?" General Nhuan asked calmly.

"She can read your mind.... and take control of it... also if she wanted she could bring this whole building down."

"But I won't..... I'm not here by my freewill. He threatened my family and said if I didn't come he would kill them. He is the real monster not m-" I let out a scream as the cuffs started to send waves of electricity through me.

"She can't be trusted her powers make it were she knows how to trick you."

He held his machine away from me and it kept going off. He looked u pan I saw it was pointed at Nhuan.

"There has to be some kind of mistake." He said calmly.

"My machines don't make mistakes. What are you?"

"I assure you. I..." he stood up and the man who came with us pointed his gun at him.

"No, don't shoot it." Trask ordered.

"I assure you, I don't know what you're talking about."

The men in the room go over to grab him, but he suddenly turns into a woman and took every one of them out. She grabbed a gun and I watched as she aimed it at Trask.

"Don't do it!" I yelled as I jumped in front of her fire.

"He has tortured us for years."

"If you kill him you are no better then him.... you will show all of them that he is right.... please you can't kill him." I begged.

The door burst open and I saw Charles walk in with Erik, Logan and Hank.

"Charles?" She asked shocked.

"Raven!" He yelled.

I saw the man get up and shoot her with a taxer. She it the ground and Erik took the tasers off and hit the man wit them. He turned to look at me and moved his hand and unlocked the cuffs.

"Thanks those stopped me from using my powers." I said as I rubbed my wrists.

"He didn't hurt you did he?"

I shook my head no and turned to look at him.

"Go... and just remember a mutant was willing to stand in front of a gun to save you... a man who hates her guts." I said softly.

Trask took off running out of the room and I turned to look at Logan.

"You Alright?"

"I will be once I'm home.... someone care to drop me off?"

"We will... thank you for stopping her." Charles said softly.

I saw a look on Erik's face and I watched as he picked the gun up.

"Don't." I said as I used my powers to keep it down.

"You aren't stronger then me." Erik said as he kept it up.

"Killing her will solve nothing."

"It will stop this war."

"No it won't! Killing isn't the answer!" I yelled as I felt the building shake.

"Raven go." Charles ordered.

She nodded her head and jumped out of the window. I watched as Hank tackled Erik and I felt the room spin as I dropped the gun. I felt everything go dark and I hit the ground. When I woke up I was home in bed with a rag on my forehead. I let out a groan as I set up and held my head.

"Hey! You're awake." Peter said as he sped to my side.

"What... what happened?" I asked softly.

"Long story.... but you got kidnapped, then Charles and his friend brought you home.... and then mom nearly had a panic attack when he told her what happened to you." He said with a frown.

"Great... tell mom I said sorry." I said as I laid my head down.

"Don't worry about it... though you worried us all to death.. so you get to make dinner."

"Pizza or lasagna?"

"Pizza." He said with a smile.

"Why am I not surprised." I said with a laugh.

I stood up and let out a sigh as I walked into the kitchen. I smiled as I grabbed a pan before opening the fridge an grabbing the stuff I needed.

"Petra!" A voice exclaimed.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as I turned and hugged Lorna.

"I was so worried about you." She said as tears streamed down her face.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to worry you. Look I'm fine now and everything is going to be okay." I said as I pulled her into a hug.

She sent me a smile and I shook my head as I watched her run out of the kitchen.

"No running in the house!" I yelled with a laugh.