CHAPTER 27: Nothing Ever Goes As Planned

LANDON

We finally arrived and without anymore waiting or hesitation, we quickly started making our way inside the building and the moment we ran inside, we could hear growling and screams. So we quickly made our way towards the room where the council always holds all their meetings at.

We come to an abrupt stop when we run in and see everyone scrambled and looking terrified while I notice Rivers and Sheira both standing back and watching as the rest are starting to turn, including his men as they quickly inject themselves with their needles and start shifting quicker than the council.

I also looked up at where the head Elder and some of his men sit beside him at and notice there are broken wood pieces from the panel and furniture along with a few dead and clawed bodies.

Where the hell was my mate? Where was Anna?

I could hear two wolves growling and fighting each other not too far from here and look over and notice the hole in the wall  or should I say holes as I noticed a few of them and I turn to look at everyone and mind link them all.

"I'm going after Anna right now! All of you help protect the council. Kill all of Rivers men if you have to but make sure you save Sheira and Rivers for me."  I tell them.

I next rip off my clothes and shift into my werewolf and start making my way through the holes in the walls quickly. Sprinting past the broken things in each room I pass through. Then I finally get to the fourth room and that is where I see two werewolves go at it.

I immediately recognized that the one wolf was the head Elder and the other one, I though it was Anna but, when I got a glimpse of her face, the eyes were black, her fur was wet from blood and she didn't look like herself. Is this how Isla is?

"Our mate." Isla mind links me.

"What is happening Isla?!" I ask.

"This isn't me or Ann! Rivers and Sheira had injected her with something that caused me to go into a deep sleep and I fought the whole time and just moments ago, woke up and she was fighting the head elder. Rivers and Sheira can control her thoughts and make her do things ro others." She starts to explain.

"I know." I reply.

"Help us please. We are not the enemies or monsters!" Isla pleads to me.

"Anna!" I snap towards her and I notice after she had just kicked the head elder off and made him hit the desk in there and break it. The impact was hard though as you heard him yelp in pain.

I look into Anna's wolf's eyes and slowly try to take a few steps towards her but she lowly starts to growl as she shows her canines that are now dripping with some blood and looks as though she wants to kill me.

"Anna. This isn't you. Rivers and Sheira are trying to control you and turn you into a monster. Baby don't let them. Fight it. Please. This won't end well." I start to beg her.

She snarls at me and then I start noticing her face begin to soften and her eyes start to lift up and stands straight up but in a less threatening demeanor.

I start to next walk towards her when out of nowhere, I am stopped by a sharp pain come from behind me as I feel sharp nails, claw at my back real fast. Making me howl in pain and growl a little.

I next hear another growl, Anna's wolf's and  then I see her sprinting towards Rivers' wolf and right as she's about to start fighting him, she gets yanked off and thrown harshly up against the wall, pinned to it. The only thong was nobody was physically doing that to her.