Chapter 3 : Engineering Beauty

(LISA)

I closed my eyes and opened them again and sighed. 2nd period is so boring and I really want to sleep. But it seems like someone answered my prayers and the bell rang indicating the 2nd period is over.

"Aah! That was excruciating!", I heard my brother said and stretched his body.

"Tell me about it, I even barely kept my eyes open", Mingyu also said and yawned.

I just put my head on the table, ready to have a 5 minute sleep until the next prof comes when I heard a squeal.

"Ahhh! Lisa is nominated for this year's Campus Beauty!", I immediately sat up and stared at Yeri who squealed.

"What? Me?", I asked again and she just pointed at her phone.

I quickly grabbed mine and checked on our school's website.

"No way! Sis you're nominated!", I heard BamBam shouted.

"She's also nominated last year, but Jaehyun's girlfriend snatched the spot", one of my classmates said and I saw that Jaehyun's girlfriend was nominated again.

"Yeah, but the results are fraud! Someone messed with the votes and Lisa would've won", another classmate whom I remember named Yugyeom said and a loud bang was heard behind me.

"Are you saying my girlfriend cheated?", Jaehyun asked and I sighed.

I looked at my phone again and compared myself and Faye. He's right, I don't think Faye cheated at all, she's pretty, feminine, many boys' dream. While me, a boyish girl who even cusses a lot, never dressed up, that picture was from P'Mario's wedding.

"It's not like that, we all saw how high Lisa's votes are but it suddenly shrunk down and her picture was blurred and I don't think it's coincidence", Yugyeom said and Jaehyun was about to go at him when I stood up from my seat.

"You're such a joker Yugyeom. I'm sure you saw the votes wrong. I'm no match for Faye that's why she won and she deserved it", I smiled at Yugyeom and I signaled him to sat down which he did.

"I'm sorry about Yugyeom Jae, I remembered he was sad because I didn't get the title. You know how that guy always believes in me. Don't worry, I don't think Faye cheated, she doesn't have to anyway. I'm no threat", I said while not looking at him.

My heart shattered when he just sat down, ignoring what I said and looked infront. I smiled bitterly and sat down on my seat.

Don't dream for a dream that's unreachable.

💎

"Lisa!", I heard someone shouted my name and I looked behind me.

"Oh? Jennie unnie? What's wrong?", I asked and she hugged my arm suddenly.

"Nothing, I just want to walk with you since I saw you all alone", she said and hugged my arm tighter and placed her head on my shoulder.

"Okay, but I'm fine walking by myself", I said and she placed her finger on my lips.

"Hush! Dear one. A maiden like you shouldn't be walking all alone", she said and I scoffed at her words.

"Maiden? With how I dress?", I said and pointed at my clothes.

"What's wrong? You look simple, and simplicity is beauty", Jennie unnie said.

"But too much simplicity is ugly", I added and she pinched my side.

"Oh vending machine, wait, is that Faye?", she asked and squinted her eyes.