Chapter 26: My fault?

Y/n's Pov 

It was dark and I couldn't move. I was stuck and in pain. My head was throbbing and stabbing pains were sent through my chest. I could hear distant voices that had a familiar ring to them. I began to open my eyes slowly. The bright lights were blinding. Looking up into the light made me dizzy and my head began throbbing 10x worse. 

Then a golden haired boy came into view. I could get lost in his emerald eyes. A steady stream of tears were falling down his cheeks. I reached up to wipe them away.

"Me-li-odas?" I pushed out.

"Y/N? You're okay! Don't ever do anything this reckless I don't know what I'd do without you. I hardly made it back to the tavern in time for Elizabeth to heal you!" He began to ramble as tears fell from his eyes faster. He held me tightly as if I'd drift away if he let go. 

"Hey I-im here n-ow right?" I said smiling through the pain still surging through my chest.

"B-esides I t-think it was about t-time for me t-o save your a-ass." I said as I let out a little chuckle followed by a chunky cough. I was stil coughing up a little blood. 

"Save your breath. I'll get Elizabeth to come and take a look, see if there's anything else she can do." He said as he let me go and kept his gaze on me. 

"Hey meliodas..."

"yeah?"

"I love you, and I'm sorry for scaring you." 

"It's okay...I'm just happy you're safe."  and with that he walked out and I went back to sleep.

Meliodas' POV

I stepped out of the room and leaned on the door. I slowly slid down to the floor. My tears ran down and I made no attempt to stop them. I felt so useless and weak. I let her get hurt, I let (y/n) get hurt. I was to weak to protect her and she got hurt because of me. How could I have been so stupid, she should have never joined the sins. Her life is in danger every day because of us. 

~Flasback~

"Who are you and what the hell do you want?" I asked the hag who had taken me from the sins.

"Ah my love, do you truly not remember me?"

"..."

"I'm hurt!" She said in a sarcastic matter with her hand to her chest. 

"Well, we were childhood friends remember? We even loved each other!" 

"Sylvia?" 

"Yes! That's it my love!" She responded. Sylvia was the maid's daughter. She often played with me and joined with me in my studies in the Demon King's palace. I knew she had a small crush on me, the feelings were never really mutual to say the least...

"Listen Sylvia, I never had or will have any feelings of love for you." I told her.

"You will, don't worry." And with a snap of her fingers I was out like a light and in her control.

~End of Flashback~

(Y/n) only got hurt because of me and my past. As long as she stays here with us she isn't safe...