9-feeding time

We get led into what I would call a cafeteria, judging by the many other alians sitting around oval shaped tables eating. These people really don't like edges and corners.

I hadn't realised how hungry I was until food was mentioned. They didn't feed us yesterday. Wait, why am I speaking as if we're animals. I meant, we didn't eat yesterday.

Asuka seems to cower as she looks around the unfamiliar room with unfamiliar blue faces.

Sline turns to us.

"This is the feeding Room. Over there is a variety of foods from our planet." He points over to a table with an array of colourful food. "All food is not harmful to humans."

"How do you know?" Asuka speaks quietly .

"We gathered data from the last subjects."

"Wait. We're not the first?"Khatelina speaks alarmed but Sline just ignores her and moves on.

"Over here is a food synthesiser made so you can get almost all the foods of earth. Just say what you want, select the green button for a beverage and the blue button for food, as indicated. Please sit over there after collecting your food and we'll be back to escort you when You're done." Sline and Zhor walk away without another word.

Khatelina is the first to walk to the food synthesiser. Followed by Daisy with Asuka at he hip.

I look around the room and see Aliens not so subtly gossiping and staring at us. I want to shy away from the inhuman eyes watching me but I can't show weakness so I raise my head and confidentiality walk to the line where the Aliens wait to collect their food.

They try keep a distance from me not in in fear but in... disgust. Like I carry a lethal disease.

I shrug and move forward and grab a white bowl. It feels like porcelain but sounds dense like wood when taped, which I did.

I get to the food and look around. Larger white bowls hold a variety of food I've never seen in my entire life, which shouldn't be a surprised.

I want to try it all. I've always been curious of the world and especially it's food. I loved going and trying most exotic foods. Nothing crazy though like endangered animals but I loved the satisfaction of being able to say I've eaten that and have an opinion.

I look at the slightly glowing food. I want it all, even though it looks radioactive, but not today.

I grab a dark purple piece that resembles meat for protein and a few leafy pieces that I would like to think is salad.

I turn and walk away but feel eyes on me. I turn and see Zhor staring at me.

Is it considered staring if you can't blink?

He rest he's elbows on the table with he's hands interlocked by he's mouth.

I look down at the bowl infront of him. Our food is actually similar with him having a few more proteins and a larger portion. I look back at him.

What are the chances?

I walk over to the synthesiser remembering I forgot to get a drink. I press the beverage button and order my drink.

The white machine spits out my drink in a glass. I grab it and walk over to the table with the rest of the Humans.

I sit and look around the table. Khatelina eats Ice cream, Asuka a noodle based dish and Daisy Colcannon, a meal I had once when I traveled to Belfast.

Khatelina looks down at my plate in disgust.

"You trust their food? After all, we ain't the first." I shrug.

"We'll see" I grab the earth utensils, which our table only has, and start with the maroon, thick piece.

I cautiously put it in my mouth.

Beef. If tastes like beef. Unseasoned beef but full of flavour. It's delicious. I smile and start ravishing the rest. It tastes so healthy and organic.

I move on to the leaves, they weren't as good but manageable.

We chat until well finally finish, half the cafeteria is empty when Zhor and Sline approach us.

"Follow us"

Gee, so demanding.

We stand and get led through the empty tunnels back to the rooms where, with an uncertain lingering look from a certain someone, we are left.

We change and sit on our beds in silence, not knowing when it's lights out.

I look around at the people I hardly know but will probably be stuck with for a long time.

"So, you guys read anything good recently?"

They all look at me then laugh at my lame attempt to start a conversation.

We end up chatting even after lights out. I find out what they all did before the whole... abducting thing happened.

Asuka was a very accomplished Doctor in korea. Daisy a waiter at a pub and Khatelina a leading lawyer in Argentina.

"What you do?" Khat asks into the darkness.

"Just a solider" I answer.

"A solider where?"

"Deployed from South Afria to Sudan to aid as a Luitenent while treaties are established."

"Holy shit. You'r the real deal." Khatelina exclaims causing the room to laugh.

"Pft, it ain't that special"

"What!? You've been to war. You're legit the baddest b**ch here" I laugh but it slowly fades. Remembering how straining and messed up war makes you.

"We should sleep. We don't know what we have in store tomorrow."

"Yes mham"

I roll my eyes at Khat's comment but smile before I sleep.

A/N- my chapter titles are getting worse and worse.