Long Way Back From Hell

It was a dark night, as a very human Katherine arrived in New Orleans, only to hear about what she had missed in the past month. She had come to New Orleans for help from Elijah, knowing that no matter what, he would protect her and save her, even after he had broken up with her a month ago. She found out not long after coming to New Orleans, that Klaus and Rebekah were missing. They had possibly been taken by a witch. She knew it wasn't her friend Sophie, because Sophie would never hurt anyone. Even an Original of a thousand years. So, she figured that she would go out on her own to find out where they were being kept and see if she could help. She was descended from Travelers, so she figured that she could use that to her advantage. The Originals and Sophie were the only ones that knew who she was by just looking at her. Others didn't know who she was unless she told them.

A few hours later, she found herself in an old abandoned hospital that hadn't been used since 1918. She was in search of them, when she heard from a room that had the door open, a girl talking.

When she came into the room, she saw that the girl was a red head and was talking to Niklaus Mikaelson.

"I don't believe you," he told her.

"Then maybe if I dig deeper, you'll see what your little sister has been doing. She deceived you for 300 years, Klaus."

"Nothing you say will make me turn against my own sister."

He growled at her.

Even though she knew he wasn't happy with the red-head who she realized was a witch, she saw that he was in pain and fighting against both her and fighting to stay awake.

She decided that this would be the time to step in, so she did just that by summoning what she could of her Traveler magic by using some bottled up anger she had from the hell she'd been through in the last month to throw the witch against a wall.

"I think you should leave Klaus alone. You've done enough. Even someone like Klaus doesn't deserve whatever you've been doing to him," she said, stepping towards them.

Genevieve landed against a wall from her Traveler magic, but got back up.

"Who the hell are you?" Genevieve questioned.

"Katerina?" Klaus questioned softly.

"I'm here," she assured Klaus. "Let's just say I was looking for Elijah, when I heard that you two were missing because of a witch, so I thought I'd help him out. I recently found out that I'm descended from Travelers and this is my first time of actually using my Traveler magic. I'm here to help you," she said to him.

She looked at Genevieve again, as she stood between where Klaus lay on a cement slab and where Genevieve stood by the window.

"Now, I'm going to be nice enough to ask you to leave him be, before I make you leave. I may be new but I have a lot of anger just from this past month that I can release on you. I suggest that you take my advice."

"I'm not going anywhere," she replied to her.

"Then so be it."

As Kat and Genevieve through magic at each other, Klaus' vision started to go black again.

Finally, after half an hour, the fight finally ended when Kat magically through her out the window. Genevieve was fine though and finally left. Kat then turned to where Klaus lay.

She knelt beside him and looked down at him to assess his condition to see what she needed to do for him. Then she saw something moving inside him, which she realized was the source of his torment and pain he was suffering from.