Chapter 10: Alternative

Song: [Music: The Eternity of Us – Mai Aoyagi]

                ~Iris View~

That was the end. I remember myself when I watched as the blood red gloom set behind me. I walked away from the bloodshed that had occurred not a few days before. Even now, as the Crimson and Firmament Kingdoms finally reunited, I stand here crying.

There must’ve been something I could’ve done to save her. Something I could’ve done to get us back together. I may have won the fight, won the war, but I lost a friend.

“Queen Iris, you’re up” said a knight. It was my coronation. I’m once again being promoted. It’s not Knight of Firmament anymore, it’s Queen of Firmament, but none of it mattered to me. Nothing matters anymore now that I’m also the Crimson Queen.

I guess it’s a fitting position. The blood-soaked Crimson Queen, the one who killed her friend to get the throne, that’s what history will see me as. My cat purred under my feet, and the Mandora that she had befriended followed. I owe my life to that cute pet. It saved me from death, and helped me win. Rosabel’s Mandora had helped me win.

I wondered why it would choose to save me instead of its owner, but I don’t really care.

This is the day of my Coronation, and the day of my friend’s Funeral.

                ~A few lifetimes later~

                ~Iris View~

I finished reading the book. I was quite surprised about the ending.  Quite Tragic.

“Hey Iris, have you finished the book?” My childhood friend shouted towards me.

I nodded, and told her what I thought.

“It was pretty good wasn’t it? I kinda hated that we had to fight and I died, but that’s my fault for losing the rock-paper-scissors game”

“Haha. Well, it’s pretty good. You can send it to get published, or do you just want to keep it?”

“I’ll let you have it.” She said, as she sat beside me and began to eat lunch. School was nearly over and we had just a few more hours to go.

Rosabel’s pet Mandora sat beside her, eating from a small packed lunch that she made.

Hm… I wonder why that story is so familiar. 

~A/N: Sorry for the late post. It's been ages since QCS finished, and I never got the time to upload this. I've got a school trip on the next 4 days, so after a reminder from Reginee, I remembered to post it before I leave. Thanks for reminding me, and thanks to everyone for reading.