Chapter 5 -Engulfing Darkness-

darkness

/ˈdɑːk.nəs/

noun

with little or no light, sad and without hope, evil or threatening, or secret or hidden

----

Her painful cries echoed through the dark woods, being heard from miles away as the gentle wind embraced the sound and carried it away. The treetops with its branches, some clothed with dying leaves, danced along in a beautiful, sad rhythm.

It was truly a depressing, but also quite dangerous sight.

Tears of sadness fell down Judy's flushed cheeks as she couldn't stop the sobs from escaping her throat. She had long given up trying to trash and get out of Faye's and yours grasp as you three ran in a random direction, simply trying to escape the murderers and leave the horrible memory behind.

Unfortunately, the image was still freshly branded in your mind, haunting you till the day you'll die.

Seeing so much death in a single night would turn anybody insane. But at the moment, two out of the three girls were focused solely on escaping, functioning only due to the adrenaline and fear rushing through their body, while the other girl was currently not able to think properly.

She felt broken.

Her neck was swollen red and breathing was a difficult task currently, but she didn't seem to notice as her focus lay on who she left behind, the last moments and his words resounding in her head like a broken cassette.

''I l-lo-..'' He coughed out more blood, splattering some on his poor girlfriend, who was wailing next to him. His head was on her lap as she stroked and pet his hair gently, being extra careful not to hurt him by accident.

''I love you, Judy.'' He managed to whisper out, smiling softly at her. He always hated to see her cry. She felt her heart shatter as she tried to smile back for his sake, however, hers wavered a lot as tears dripped down on him. She choked out a fragile 'I love you' back.

''P-Please never forget that. Please e-escape and live for me.''

''That's all i want.''

She reached out for something and began holding onto the first thing she managed to reach, which was your upper arm. You didn't pay much attention to the action as you instead frantically looked around, searching for any signs of movement between the trees.

You wanted to question her action, but decided not to. She was in a bad state and your other blue-haired friend knew that very well too. She couldn't even speak normally right now, but you didn't blame her for that.

Judy has managed to stay quiet after the few short moments of loud crying so you didn't have an important reason to talk at the moment. You noticed silent tears flowing out of her eyes, however.

He shakily reached out for one of her hands, managing to grasp it. His skin was icy cold and it made her shiver all over, goosebumps forming slowly.

''L-Listen carefully. Pl-Please.'' He croaked out, his voice sounding tired and broken. He didn't have much time left, but she didn't want to embrace and accept that fact. He simply had to live!

''There's something else i didn't tell you about. A-And I should have, i'm s-so incredible sorry.

After the fight with 'Kate', i noticed a change.''