Nightmares

The rest of the day was spent playing scrabble with Brian and the boys. Of course, he kept winning until he was feeling a bit tired, so John stayed back while the rest of us went off the the hotel. Veronica was even kind enough to go to our house and pack our bags for us before delivering them to the hotel.
     We reach the Royal Hotel and are immediately being swarmed by fans and reporters. I don't even know how they knew we were gonna be here.
     As usual, Freddie and Roger put on their sunglasses while I have Michael cover his face behind me until we finally make it into the lobby where we check into our rooms.
     "Two rooms. Last name May." I say as the lady typed the data into her computer and checked her guest list.
     "I'm sorry Mrs May, we only have one room open." She says as security guards tried to keep the antsy reporters out.
     "How many beds?" I ask eagerly to just get away from the chaos.
     "2 queens."
     "Fine we'll take it." I say slamming my card on the counter as she writes down the numbers.
     "Alright, room 294" She says handing me a room key as we hurry towards the elevator. The flashes of cameras were everywhere as Roger grabs me and hurries me into the lift.
     "Jesus, busy tonight aren't they?" Freddie mutters, sliding his glasses off and placing them in his coat pocket.
     "Tell me about it," I say sarcastically while silently panting from running around. The elevator finally dings as we reach our floor allowing us to exit and make our way down the hall towards our room.
     We spot our luggage by the room labeled 294 as I jiggle the key into the slot. Carrying our bags, we are greeted by a wide hallways with a bathroom that then leads to a larger room with two queen beds.
     "Well, Michael, you and I can take the left one and Roger, you and Freddie can take the right." I sigh tossing my bag against the wall before taking a seat on the foot of the bed.
     "Alright Taylor, you get the left side. I always get right." Freddie announces as Roger stressfully runs his fingers through his blonde hair.
     "Whatever Freddie," He mutters setting his bag near the foot of his bed. 'What's gotten into him?'
     Michael grabs a remote and turns on the tele, flipping through all the channels until he lands on the news.
     "Brian May stuck in hospital after tragic accident while his wife, child, and bandmates run off to a hotel."
     "Switch it," I mumble. He does as I say and finds Home Alone playing. It was only 6:30, so we had some time to just stay up a bit before actually going to bed.
     Freddie takes a seat next to Michael on the foot of our bed while I go over to confront Roger.
     "Hey," I murmur tapping his shoulder, allowing him to turn around with a tired and slightly irritated expression on his face. "You alright?"
     "Yeah, I guess I'm just a bit tired is all." He replies rubbing the back of his neck and showing a small smile.
     "Well, go lay down then," I reply followed by a slight chuckle.
     "Only if you come with me," He says with a smirk.
     "You can't do anything though." I whisper so the others wouldn't hear, especially Michael.
     "Deal,"
     He proceeds to grab ahold of my hand, leading me to the empty bed before laying down in it, taking me with him. "Look who's tired now," I giggle at his sudden energy boost. He wraps an arm around me as I snuggle close to him.
The light from the windows was beginning to dim as night was officially approaching us. The traffic lights and sounds of cars were all I heard besides the sound of the movie playing. It was somewhat peaceful right here. He began to play with the curls framing my face as the movie was coming to an end.
At some point, I fell asleep, still in Rogers arms.
I awoke around 3 am to a sudden coldness around me. Slowly opening my eyes, I find Roger on the edge of the bed with his face in his palms. 'Is he crying?'
I slowly sit up allowing him to turn to look at me with glossy eyes. "Roger, are you alright?" I whisper so I don't wake the other two who happened to be on the other bed.
"Oh darling, I didn't mean to wake you. Go back to sleep I'll be right there." He whispers, wiping his eyes and cupping one side of my confused face.
I take my hands and rest them on his as he gently strokes my cheek. "Please tell me what's wrong..." I whisper, gazing into his almost empty blue eyes.
"Just a bad dream..." he replies, forcing a smile. I scoot over to the edge of the bed and sit next to him.
"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask intertwining his hand in mine. I feel his thumb gently caress the back of my hand before replying.
"It was you in the hospital...you, you were so sick and on the verge of death. You smiled at me before telling me you loved me and will always be with me. Then, you died. God it felt so fucking real I couldn't take it..." He whispers taking his other hand and wiping away his tears.
"Oh my god Roger, I'm so sorry." I say raising my other hand and gently catching a falling tear. "I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere... I promise." I whisper pulling him into a tight hug while he silently cried into my shirt.
"Why does the world want us separated?" He muffled into my collar bone allowing me to pause a second before replying.
"Things happen for a reason. I'm just glad your in my life to begin with." I reply back, hugging him as if my life depended on it. 'Love is so weird.'
     He raises his head, his eyes meeting mine. I already knew what he was going to do as his eyes exchanged between mine and my lips. As expected, he crashes his lips onto mine, his hands roaming my hair and body. I wrap my hands around his neck...and shamefully kiss him back.