The school

I wonder the halls of this school and I enjoy all the memories I have had here.

As sad as it is I must leave - Today is my last day here - The school is getting knocked to the ground.

Too many bad things have happened here apparently.... but I don't see how.
Where will everyone go to learn now?

I wonder these hallways looking at all my friends who laugh and joke around and have so many memories of this place.

"Hi lucy" I say to my best friend

"Let's go Charlotte" she tells our other friend smiling warmly at her.
I happily follow them down the corridor.

They go outside the school and leave forever and I can not follow no matter how much I want to my body won't allow it. I don't know why. Even more I need to get over this eery feeling because the school is getting knocked down and I mustn't be here when that happens.

I wander these now empty halls looking at all the school pictures and awards and I relise somthing I am not in any of them.thats odd.ive been here for as long as I remember - ever since my parents left me.

I wonder if I should go into the room that all the other children like me (the ones who can't leave this place) tell me not to go in but after all this will be my last chance. What is the harm in breaking a rule ?

I go into the room that is ment to be out of bounds to me and I'm so happy I see photos of me and all the other children like me ....

And a building on fire  ....

It's the school building. .from 1984

But ...I don't understand. ..

"Always be remembered - the children who perished in the horrible fire "
That's what it reads ...

But I - no I can't be - can I  ?

No I'm alive I must be!

"Sorry Lillian, but your not ...that's why Lucy and Charlotte and many kids can't hear you or respond to you - that why we don't/can't leave these walls - were stuck here" another girl like me says

"So...so we're ghosts" I ask confused and in disbelief.

"Yes,but it's OK,we are all friends and you can be our friend too if you want?"
She replys

"But what about miss ..."

"I'm also a ghost" miss penny says coming from the door way.

So bad things really did happen here at this school?

I wander these halls of this school and I enjoy all the memories I had here.