Chapter 3

The next day I snooze my alarm something like 10 times because I'm just

The next day I snooze my alarm something like 10 times because I'm just...done. With Noah, school, life, everything. The only reason I actually wake up properly is because Elodie starts crying. She's the only thing in the entire world that could have made me get out of bed today.

 She's the only thing in the entire world that could have made me get out of bed today

I go about our morning routine in a daze. Ellie somehow must pick up on my mood because she doesn't seem as happy and bubbly as she normally is. She sits in her bouncy chair thing attempting to eat her own foot as I slouch on the sofa stirring my cereal round in the milk. I can't even be bothered to eat it which says a lot since I usually eat everything in sight.

I have no intention of going to school today or maybe not even ever. Why would I want to when I can stay home all day and be with Ellie? I'm doing my A-levels but legally I don't have to be in school. The only reason I've been going is so I can get enough qualifications to go to uni and hopefully get a good job in the future to support Elodie. A voice in my head tells me that's what I should do but I don't know if I can will myself into actually doing it. I don't want to go to a place full of bitches, bullies and Noah's inevitable new girlfriend.

My plans however get ruined when there's a knock on the door. I intend to ignore it but whoever it is uses their key to get in. I pray to God it's not Noah because I can't face him, not now.

Leanne pops her head around the door and my body floods with relief. She comes in and looks around without saying anything before focusing in on me. I put my bowl down on the coffee table and wait for her to say something. I don't know what she's thinking but I just hope it's not bad. I snuggle down further into my fluffy dressing gown and brace myself to hear her disapproval.

"I feel like you need a hug."

My head snaps up to look at her in surprise. I mean Leanne is lovely and she's never said anything horrible or unkind to me but for some reason I thought seeing me sitting here kinda like a slob would change her opinion of me.

I nod at her and she comes over to sit next to me. She pulls me into her and I lay my head on her shoulder. I feel like crying, not because of Noah but because for a second I feel like she's my mum. But she's not. My own mum has no idea the inner turmoil I'm going through right now and she doesn't care, not even enough to come and see her granddaughter once.