27

Yeonjun

I'm feeling very uneasy now. The need to go home to my parents is huge and I don't know why.

Because of that urge, I grab my bag as I head out the dorm and went to the bus station. I don't know when did I learn to skip school but the time I got shot, I didn't think much about school anymore but my parents' safety.

I tried calling Soobin but his phone is not reachable. His phone might be dead.

To: Soobin 🐰

"Hey, I tried calling you but your phone might be dead. I'm going home to my parents. I'm worried about them. Please take care Binnie."

When I got home, I saw my parents in the living room holding some papers and beside them is a box I've never seem before.

"Why do you still keep those?" my dad asked my mom and my mom was crying.

I'm about to interfere when my dad spoke again.

"What if Yeonjun will see all of those things? He will surely question us and I don't want to answer whatever question it is" my dad said and I was taken aback by my name mentioned.

"He must know. Yeonjun deserves a good life. More than this we can give him. We can't keep this from him for ever he will soon find out that he's not ours" my mom said and that's my cue to let them know my presence.

"Yeonjun-ah, w. . . why are you here? Y. You. . .you're suppose to. . . to be at school" my dad is stuttering and I can clearly see the lie in his eyes.

"I'm adopted?" I asked and my mom look down as she cried.

"Son, come here let us explain OK?" dad ushered me to the chair as we approach my mom.

"I. . . we. . . are sorry we hide this from you" dad started as I just listen, I know how my heart shattered and I want to leave but I want to hear them.

"Look inside the box" my mom said as she open the mysterious box.

I open look in it before taking out a torn shirt. The shirt is small, maybe owned by a one year old boy also known as me.

"Jun"

That was written at the back of the shirt and the other part of the word is torn.

I took out a pair of shorts that I assume was also mine and a pair of shoes.

A backpack was also inside. I took it and open it. Inside was a little fox plushie, a handkerchief, a little notebook and a pair of pajamas that was probably mine.

"We saw those when we found you sleeping in my truck of vegetables. I just got home from delievering the vegetables in the market when I decided to get the vegetables I left for the house. You were there" my dad said as I cried.

"Why now?" I asked as I look at the shirt with the word "Jun" on it. "Why are you opening this now?" I asked again.

"Because your dad . . your real dad. . . . . we found him" my mom said as I look at them.

"me, how did you find me?" I asked.

I don't know but I am more intrigued on how am I found. How did I got here, how did I become Lee Yeonjun this place come to know? How did I become this?

"Well" my dad started. . .

18 years ago

Lee Dong Ho (Yeonjun'a adoptive father) just finished harvesting his vegetables and he was so happy with the results because the vegetables are all so beautiful without any impurities. He knows to himself that he will have a good sale today in the market.