.~Shades Run~.

I grabbed my sweatshirt and some change, shouting to Nan "Okay I'm going out!"

     "How long are you going to be out?!" She shouted back, sticking her head around the wall to look over at me.

     Walking out of the door, I said "30 minutes!" and right when I said that to her, I was gone from her sight.

     I strolled toward the village square, my thoughtful gaze watching the Creadlers around me. Like the kid shouting  "Extra! Extra! Read about the warnock outburst!" and flailing a newspaper around.

     Once I got to the stalls where all the shopping was done, I was looking around for something I could get, something just for me. My eyes flickered to a red Dragon fruit. Some may say it has mediocre taste, I think it is an absolute delicacy! We rarely ever got any in this part of the woods! The trees would never grow!

     As I was cracking open the wonderful fruit when I turned and looked at the trees. Something lurched in my stomach. I needed to go there, but why?

     For some unknown reason, I took one step towards the woods.... and another, and now I was walking toward the woods. My eyes glued to the towering trees in front of me. The thing is, I didn't stop when I got at the edge of the woods. I kept going, And going..

     I was running now, faster, and faster.. and faster! There was a pull and the pull just got harder and harder to resist!

     Then, something snapped me out of my haze. The snap of a twig close by. I slowly turned my head towards the sound..

     It's gotta just be just an animal... right? Like a hare?

     But the snap of twigs didn't stop, it just kept getting closer.. And closer..

     And I freaked out.

     I took a hold of a tree and basically flew up it and landed on a branch.

     Then, the "Animal" went into my sight. It wasn't an animal. It was way worse. Worse than anyone could imagine...

     It was a warnock. A hideous creature in my opinion, like, 4 arms and 4 legs! They were basically spider people!

     The spider man took a step towards my tree, looked up, and gave a hideous sharp toothed grin.

     He knew where I was...

     Then, the warnock started digging his crooked arms into the bark. Climbing up my tree. Climbing towards ME.

    I spit at the creature's face, before taking my arms and grabbing the limb of another tree. I sprang to the neighboring tree, my arms firmly placed on the rough bark.

     His yowl made me shiver, why did I spit?!

     Then the creature sprang forward, grabbing onto the tree I was now on.

     The adrenaline was setting in, and I flew from tree to tree in a zig-zag motion. The warnock following behind, but getting farther every tree.

     Finally I broke through the leaves, my home, my village coming into view. It was only a way away!

     The yowl of the warnock, right behind me made my blood run cold.

     There was nothing to latch and launch over here it was a plain field of grass, so I did the next thing that came to mind.

     "HELP! HELP ME! HELP!" I screeched. To be honest I sounded like a shrilly girl. I kind of regretted it.

     Putting that aside, help came. I fell asleep as soon as I knew I was safe.

     But I always put that off as a dream, because how could that ever happen to me?

     I thought the warnocks were all gone.