.~Ophelias Escape~.

Running. Running. Running from...Them. They were horrible creatures. I was using all of my pent up adrenaline. Searching and searching for a tree that was high enough to escape higher. I heard the pounding of footsteps following me, it only made me run faster.
I found a tree high enough, For a while at least...       

     I-I-I can work with this! I thought to myself.

I extended my right  arm, I  was so worked up that I ignored the lovely feeling of being able to stretch my arms. I wrapped my arm around the trunk of the tree and locked my hands together.

            I flung myself higher and higher up the tree at I felt the adrenaline wearing down. The pain hitting me like a wave. I started panicking, I don't know why, I have a high tolerance to pain, thanks to everything I've been through. I have learned how to keep my emotions down, in the- BRANCH!

           As I fell down, down, and down even further my senses kicked in and I reached for the branch I whacked my head on. I wrapped my right arm around it and launching myself past the branch and up some more.

     I reached the top of the tall tree and looked down.

     I saw them. They were looking for the escapees from the facility...  they are so gross, yuck.
They were looking left and right but not one even looked up, I was so glad, but did they think that we would launch ourselves away? Why? They hurt us there... some, me included, had been injured to the point that they couldn't heal.

     I tried to shimmy down the branch I was sitting on, I stretched my arm and gripped around the top of the tree and I zipped to it, making no sound. I repeated a few times before I heard shouts, it sounded like a child, I looked down... there!

     I saw one of the escapees getting dragged back to the facility.

     I-.. Had to do something! Anything!

     I stepped down to lower branches.. and I grabbed their face— covering its mouth. I pulled him up and slammed him to the ground, again and again and again. Hearing the thuds of their head against the ground made me oddly happy... They were unconscious. I never knew my arm was this strong.. I thought to myself. I jumped to the ground, stumbled, and launched off to the kid. I tripped, I looked up and the kid was trembling and he was looking at me, pleading. I got up and grabbed him with my left arm and used my right to climb a tree nearby, getting a faceful of leaves.

     "Hey kid," I said in a very hushed tone, "what's your name?" I spit out some gravel from my mouth, when I fell

     "V-v-Vla—d-d"

     "Okay, so I need you to follow me okay, Vlad?"

     He nodded vigorously.

     And off we went, going from tree to tree and even though it was cold, we camped out inside a cave. Shivering, but warmth spread through me... I'm out. I'm out.