2

After all the kids cleared out the lunchroom I had a lot on my mind. This wasn't the first time Shayla came to school without looking presentable and acting as if she doesn't eat at home. I tried contacting her mother before but I got no answer. I walked down to the principal's office to see Principal Martin leaning against the front desk talking to Mrs. Barnes, the receptionist. I waited for them to be done their conversation, he turned to me and I flashed him a bright smile , I gained one in return.

"Hello Ms. Jones how are you feeling this morning?" He questioned as I followed him towards his office. He held the door open for me, I walked inside feeling his eyes on what was behind me. The principal always had his eyes on all the women in the school on the slick. I guess I'm the only one who noticed enough to try to be around him as less as possible.

"I'm feeling quite lovely today thanks for asking , and yourself?" He pulled a chair out or me to sit then walked around to his desk. He sat down then set his arms on the desk glancing down at his papers then back up at me.

"I'm doing great, thank you. How may I assist you this morning?" He questioned as i sat down in the chair straightening out my knee length skirt.

"Shayla Rhynes , she comes to school everyday looking raggedy like her parents don't care enough to dress her. Then she gets skinner and skinner every time I see her , she eats as if she doesn't eat at home."

"Well Miss Jones , that's not my problem. I'm here to make sure the students get an education , not if they look presentable and eat right." i furrowed my eyebrows at him and leaned forward in my seat. 

"With all due respect Mr. Martin, but the education and safety of these children are in your hands yes, but if something is going on at home that's not suppose to, it's up to us responsible adults to do something about it. This little girl comes to school looking like a train wreck and she gets skinnier by the day. You should have seen the way she devoured that poptart as if she didn't eat in weeks." He sighed leaning back in his chair placing his hand on his head. 

"What would you like me to do Miss Jones? " A smirk pulled at my lips as I stood to my feet placing my hands onto the desk. 

"I want all of the contact information I can get for her. Email, phone numbers, parent and/or guardians names. I need everything on the little girl that you have on record, you know how I am about kids." He sighed nodding his head at me. 

"I'll do what I can." 

"Thank you." I flashed a smile before exiting the office then walking back down to the lunch room to make sure everyone has everything together for the first lunch in about an hour or so. Have to make sure the kids are full enough to get through the rest of the day.

~

The second lunch was in here, everyone were getting their trays from the lunch lady. It was different variety's of food today because on Thursday you get to pick and choose on what you would like to eat. I watched all the kids , giving them a small smile as they walked pass.

A lot of the kids have grown to love me, older and younger. Since the school goes up to eighth grade and starts at kindergarden it's a lot of students who attends this school. I don't have many problems with any of them, only a certain select who think they're big and bad. The misguided children I like to call them, they don't have anyone leading them down the right path so of course they don't know how to show respect.

While I was deep into my thoughts I noticed Shayla from across the room, she sat alone at the back of one of the tables by the bathrooms. She ate her food fast, because I just seen her over here in this line about five minutes ago. 

"Mrs. Gray is there anymore nacho chips and dip left?" I questioned walking over to the line after the last kid put in their student number then walked to his table. 

"Yes, it's two left here's one." She handed it to me. I thanked her then made my way over to where Shayla was sitting. She looked up at me and smiled just a little, I returned the smile sitting next to her. "Shayla, just know.. Whenever you may need to talk about something I'm here okay? Personal or anything." I slid the extra food on the table. She looked at it for a quick second before smiling a little and grabbing it. 

"Okay thank you Miss jones." I smiled then stood to my feet going back over to where I was.