Chapter 22

"If you need anything else, let me know." I offered, opening the door to my parents room.

My parents room only had a bed sitting at one corner of the room and a small cupboard at the other end.

Sure, the place was small compared to a mansion but my room was smaller and more cramped up. But I didn't really mind.

I liked my room. It was sort of tiny but it was comfy and I liked small spaces to myself.

"I'll be fine." I snapped my head to notice him strip off his shirt, causing a blush to creep up on my cheeks.

"Don't just do that." I turned away, my movements stiffening when he took a step forward.

"Hmm?" his tone was laced with fake amusement and I took a step back, the sound of his heavy footsteps approaching making my heart pound loudly against my chest.

"As far as I am concerned, I was changing in my room." he stood right in front of me and I stumbled back when he leaned closer, my eyes roaming anywhere but his face now.

My breath hitched once more when my back brushed against the door and I tried my best to hold my composure but it was hard to with Omkara leaning his face closer to mine now.

"Ye-yes but what I was saying was that-" I stopped when his arms extended to grab the doorknob, his fingertips slightly brushing against my waist before I met his intense gaze again.

"Leave. I have to change." He opened the door and I stumbled back outside. I watched him swiftly close the door as I stood there in shock before letting out a sigh in relief.

I was in so much trouble.

How am I supposed to act normal with him around anyways?

I can't.

I just couldn't.

But I have to try, right?

xxx

A few days passed and Omkara and I never had the chance to exchange a single sentence properly.

Mostly because he wouldn't let me talk to him.

Somehow, he always manage to brush me off, no matter what I throw at him, and he would always go out after leaving me with one of the Oberoi brothers.

The cold silent treatment really bothered me. I understand that he is upset but did he really have to ignore me to this extent?

The sound of my phone ringing made my senses pull back to reality and I picked up instantly.

"Hey, you wanna hang out at my place? Ranveer and I plan to watch a movie or something." Bhavya's tone was getting more cheerful than usual and I mentally let out a sigh, not exactly thrilled with the idea but then again, this was better than staying here and seeing Omkara ignore me over and over again.

"I'll be there soon." I hung up, closing my eyes briefly for a few seconds.

I was starting to have a slight headache now and for some reason, my body felt sore.

Maybe I have been over stressing about Omkara lately and it's making me go crazy.

With a soft groan, I got out of bed and grabbed my bag, not even bothering to change into a more decent outfit.

A random short and tank top will have to do for the night. I walked downstairs and stopped to look at Omkara , who just walked into the house. It was almost 11pm but then again, this wasn't new.

He'd always come home late.

"Where're you going?"

"Just out." I mumbled and froze when he suddenly appeared in front of me, making me gasp in shock.