A New Start.

Paul had fractured West's ankle.
After Linda called the police, she fled the scene so Paul wouldn't know who had called, but of course, he figured it out. He was a drunkard, not an idiot. Dennis had arrived at the scene and surprisingly, was the one to take West to the hospital. They had to perform surgery to repair his fracture, but after a few days, he was discharged and told to rest for at least six weeks.
There were no arrests made.

West guessed that Paul's recent act of violence was influenced by Linda, whatever she said... it upset Paul, and being the short tempered man he was, he took it out on somebody who wouldn't fight back. It's not that West didn't want to fight back, he just didn't want to land Paul in hospital for serious injuries, and Paul getting injured would mean Dennis arresting West, he surely wouldn't hesitate.

He was also sure that Dennis would convince Paul to finally kick him out. He wouldn't have anywhere to go, Paul and Dennis were his only family. As despicable as they were, he loved them. Well, he didn't really like Dennis that much.
-
West's phone buzzed from underneath his pillow, he pulled it out and frowned when he saw a number he didn't recognize.

Unknown number: Hey, R u ok?

W.R: Who is this?

Unknown number: Kill, sorry, I stole ur number from Shirley's office.

W.R: I'm fine.

Kill.A: It's been almost a week, are you coming in any time soon?

West ignored him.
----------

Paul watched from the bottom of the stairs as his son struggled to get past the first two steps.

"Think you could stop staring and actually help me?"

Paul folded his arms and scoffed, "And just where do you think you're going?"

"Work."

"You're not driving with that foot." He asserted.

"I need money, Paul. The sooner I can get out of here, the better."

Paul raised an eyebrow questioningly, he hoped West didn't mean what he thought he meant. "What are you talking about, boy?"

West refused to meet Paul's eyes, he slowly climbed down the stairs, making sure to keep his weight off the fresh injury.
Paul grasped for his arm as soon as he reached the bottom, and West instantly recoiled at his touch, squinting his eyes shut.

"Please  don't."

Paul's voice lowered to a whisper, "You're... leaving?"

"If I don't... I'll end up in a body bag."

"West, you can't leave... I can't--"

He put his hand up to cut Paul off. "You don't get to decide that for me."

He grabbed his crutches from behind the couch, hobbled towards the door, and slammed it on his way out. Brittany was already waiting outside. She helped him get into her beaten up Ford and drove away.
--

"West? What the hell happened?"

Killian rushed to West's side as soon as he entered the shop, then helped him as he walked-- or what his attempt was at walking-- to the back of the counter.

"You shouldn't be here. If I had known..."

"I'm okay. Let's just get to work, okay?"

"You're in no condition to work right now."

Killian thought back to the conversation he had with his mother a couple of days ago when she came back from West's house. She told him that something weird was going on in the Rickert Household. He also thought back to what Clancy said all those weeks ago.