Do You Want Me Crawling Back To You?

Monday came around, and Harper was still sulking. He had locked himself in his room, and wasn't planning on coming out anytime soon. Even if it was for school.
He'd also been playing the same Arctic Monkeys album for two days straight, or rather, just this one song.

I dreamt about you nearly every night this week
How many Secrets can you keep?
Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow
And I play it on repeat...
until I fall asleep, spilling drinks on my settee

"Harper!"

"Go away!"

"Open. This. Damn. Door."

Harper ignored his mom, opting to increase the volume of his music instead. He stared at the white ceiling and tried to will away his thoughts. In the space of two weeks, he'd thrown away the one thing that was truly important to him; His friendship with Killian, he'd also had his heart broken for the first time, and to top it all off... He didn't really know who he was anymore.

Then there was Stacy's verbal attack. She didn't have the right to speak to him like that. She made it seem as if everything was Harper's fault, when in all honesty, George was the one who initiated things. Yes, Harper made the first move by kissing him, but he could have pulled away. He was the adult in this, he was supposed to show Harper right from wrong, instead, he took advantage of a 17 year old boy's naivety. He showered him with lies and false promises, only to break them in the end. This was all one big game to George.
And If somebody had told Harper a year ago that his future included falling in love with a male teacher, and that he'd break his heart. He would've laughed in their face, Harper Graham didn't like boys, and Harper Graham always did the heartbreaking. Not the other way round.

Crawling back to you
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few?
Cause I always do
Maybe I'm too... busy being yours to fall for somebody new
Now I've thought it through,
Crawling back to you...

"Jake, come talk to your son! I am tired, I've got two jobs!" Grace, Harper's mother, bellowed.

Harper heard his dad pounding up the stairs, probably upset that he'd been disturbed from watching his favorite TV show, to deal with an overemotional teen. He banged his fist on Harper's door, Grace was yelling at both, Jake and Harper, now.

"He's been playing that damn song since Saturday morning! The baby's getting restless, Jake. And his coach called! He's supposed to be playing in an hour!"

Jake let out a frustrated sigh, "Just... Go check on the baby. I'll deal with him. Okay, honey?"

"You better. Or you're sleeping on the couch tonight."

"What--"

Harper heard his mom enter another room, the nursery, he guessed.

"Harper, could you open the door, please?" His dad asked calmly.

He hesitated for a while, but ended up lowering the volume on his Bluetooth speaker and walking the short distance to the door, he only opened it slightly. Enough to peek his head through.

"Can I help you?"

Jake frowned when he took in Harper's bloodshot eyes, "What's wrong, son?"

"Whatever do you mean? I'm perfectly fine." He expressed. But his eye twitched and gave away the lie.

Jake put his hands on his hips and shook his head, parenting was hard. Especially when you weren't as close as you'd have liked to be with your own child. "You going to play?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I have to finish assignments." He shut the door and locked it before his dad could speak. He walked over to his bed and laid down. In the other room, he heard his baby sister break out into wails, so he turned on his music-- at an acceptable volume, to drown them out. He then buried his head into his already damp pillow.

Right behind you, sis.
--------------------------

"Not gone lie, Fletcher's butt looks pretty good in that gear."

"I thought you liked Harper." West mumbled.

It was the afternoon of the football game. West and Brittany were seated in the middle of the grandstand since it had a better view of the field. Easton High was competing against their biggest rival, Ridgewood High. The school on the other side of town only comprised of assholes, drama queens and egotistical jerks, so it was no wonder that there was bad blood between the two schools. Ridgewood High students had also been bullying and pranking Easton High students for years, but when it came to the field, Easton High always dominated. So far, they were in the lead with 34 points to 30.

"What? Can't a girl like more than one boy?"

West shrugged, "It's a free country."

"Not truly." Brittany grimaced, "Loosen up, would you? It's a beautiful day, your boyfriend's kicking ass on the field, we have hotdogs..." Her voice trailed.

"He's not my boyfriend. And it's hard to enjoy anything when people keep throwing stuff at you." West snarled as someone sitting above him on the grandstand threw a lollipop wrapper over his head, He turned around and narrowed his eyes at the culprit, a senior named Daisy-- or something, "Real mature."
She snickered and gave West the finger.

All he did was roll his eyes, "Let's just go sit at the top."
----

West didn't understand the rules of the game. All he saw were sweaty teenagers running across the field, tackling each other and scoring 'Touchdowns' or 'field goals'. He stayed and watched because of Killian, though. He apparently, was the running back. West didn't know what that meant, something to do with running, perhaps? But he was impressed by Killian's moves on the field. He was fast and agile and was able to dodge tacklers with a series of quick maneuvers. And his height and lean body made him a force to be reckoned with when it came to speed.

So for the next two hours, all West was interested in, was watching Killian play. Sure, he wasn't as popular as their quarterback, Fletcher Aneksei, but it didn't matter, because he had all of West's attention.

"Yeah, nah. You're in love, mate." Brittany remarked after seeing the obvious adoration in West's eyes.

West reluctantly tore his eyes from the field to pin Brittany with one of his famous glares, "Excuse me?"

Talk fast so I can go back to watching the game, please. He internally groaned.

"You heard me."

"Love is for children."

"I don't think--"

Suddenly, everyone on the Easton High side of the grandstand erupted into a wild uproar. Cheerleaders dressed in skimpy outfits and the school Mascot, a Great White Shark, ran onto the field to congratulate the team on their win. People on the grandstand also ran towards the field, and all the while, West was staring blankly at all the chaos.

"Did we win?"

"Did we win--? Really, West? Let's go!"

Brittany pulled him from the grandstand and they both raced down the metal stairs to join the rest of the school in a celebratory dance.

Once on the field, West spotted Killian taking off his helmet and headed towards him, leaving Brittany to her awkward robot dance moves.
Killian saw him approaching and broke out into a big grin before meeting him halfway.

"You came." He said breathlessly.

"I said I would--"

West didn't get to finish his sentence, because the next thing he knew, Killian's lips had slammed against his own, and he was kissing him.
_____________________

yo how the fuck does American/Canadian football work lmao