Daffy off to St Jane's

"Daffy! Are you ready to go to school?" Daffy's Mother asked with a hint of excitement in her voice.

"Coming!" A young girl replied, her Long black hair bouncing. Daphne Wish was a first former, starting this year- she had Long black silky hair and her eyes were warm brown. She had a huge sense of humour, unlike her younger sister, June Wish who had blue eyes and brown hair.

"Mum, tell me again why do I have to go to this St Jane's. I don't get any sense why you have to sent me to that school."Asked Daffy with a glint in her eye.

"Daffy! This school is the school that I went to and this school might change your personality attitude and I think it will do you good!" Daffy's Mother replied with a shake of her brown hair.

Daffy cocked her head to one side, "Why is the school called St Jane's? I thought there is a St James?" Her Mother sighed, exasperated. "The good Miss Clarkson decided to built a new school that is called St Jane's. She thinks that this school will inspire students like you and change them at this particular school plus St James is a kindergarten!" Daffy nodded her head in acknowledgment and smiled cheekily, "Oh, I see." She wanted to ask more about St Jane's but her father intended to get her to school as soon for he had work to do.

"Daffy, lets go to the station!" Daffy's Father Called, while beeping the horn of his car."Daddy! Stop beeping the horn! I am coming, let me say goodbye to June and Mom!" Daffy yelled, making her Mother nearly falling over," Daffy, there's no need to yell. Your Father is not deaf-yet!"

"Sorry, mom! Goodbye, mum." Daffy apologised sincerely, while June Wish bounded down the stairs,"Bye, Daphne. Study well and get good marks!" June Called, while Daffy snorted,"Don't be silly, June. I plan to have fun and study hard. Be a dear and take care!Bye!" And with that, Daffy flounced out of the house before June got to say a word.

"Finally! Come on, Daffy, lets go to the train station so that you can meet new friends." Daffy's Father laughed, while Daffy smiled angically," Sorry, daddy. Lets go!" Daffy's Father drove to the train station, while Daffy yawned," I wonder what is the school like! Golly! I am tired after all the drama!"

"My dear, you never get tired! We're almost there! Can you see the big brown building? That's the train station!" Her Father replied half-heartedly.Daffy pulled her face,"Aww... daddy! Don't say that!" Her father sighed , shaking his head, thinking that Daffy would never learn. Soon, they reached the train station. It was quite empty as not a single soul from St Jane's was there.

"Daddy, look! There's no one in the train station!" Daffy exclaimed, while her Father took out his wallet,"Daphne, here you go. Ten dollars to spend on a tea shop that I saw along the way and the other pocket money for a while week is in your case." Daffy hugged his Father, nearly making her Father fall," Thanks Daddy! You're a saviour! I got to go! I will make sure to write and make sure you write back!"

"Goodbye, Daphne. Play hard and Work hard. I shall see you at half-term." Her Father Replied, while Daffy waves to him form outside of the car,"Bye!" Daffy waved her Father off, and raced to the tea shop with her hair flying and he sound of rollers echoed the hallway.Daffy reached the tea shop and found herself a good spot near the window. She paid for a rainbow cake with marvellous blue icing on top and a Mug filled with coca and latte. She took a sip of the coca when she got back to her table.

"Mmmm... Simply Wizard!"Daffy sighed happily."Yes! Isn't it scrumptious?" A warm voice sounded behind her. Daffy turned around and saw a St Jane's girl standing behind her. The girl had warm black eyes and brown hair that was plaited into two braids."Hi, my name is Hilary Witherspoon and I am in the first form. Who are you?" Hilary introduced herself, while Daffy made space for her to seat down."Hi, Hilary my name is Daphne Wish, but most people call me Daffy. I am new and I am also in the same form as you." Daffy chuckled, while Hilary smiled, revealing dimples as well as braces that were metal ones,"Welcome to St Jane's, Daffy. You seem fun! Lets see what tricks you will do this term!"

"Oho! I have Plenty of tricks to play!" Daffy smiled, while Hilary sat down,"Okay, Daffy! Let me introduce you to the teachers that will be teaching us this term!"

"Our tower Mistress is called Ms Kelly. She stands no nonsense and will not tolerate any bad behaviour. She is a good sport, though. Just try not to get into her bad books!" Hilary said, with a smile on her face," and our form teacher is Ms Peter. She is a good sport and she looks pretty. And then there is Madame Dupont, Our French Mistress. She likes jokes like you do, and she doesn't report to Ms Grayling, unlike Ms Kelly and Ms Peter. Ms Peter is our Maths and English teacher, by the way. Our History teacher is called Ms Clarkson. She is a good sport. Kind of, I think. Anyways, you will have to meet Ms Grayling later." Hilary puffed, while Daffy widened her eyes in surprise," wow! That's a lot of Teachers to remember!" Daffy pointed to the rainbow cake on the plate towards Hilary, too excited to eat, "You can eat my half-eaten rainbow cake! My Father gave me a huge ten pounds! I still have other pocket money!"

Hilary opened her mouth to protest but Daffy pushed the plate towards Hilary and took a clean fork for her," Here you go, Hilary. Enjoy!" Hilary looked at Daffy gratefully and tucked in.

"Daffy, are you rich? Do you have any siblings?" Hilary asked while chewing the rainbow cake she thought that was delicious.

"Yeah, my parents are rich. I barely ask them for money, though. I don't talk about money in front of people. It makes me feel very, very  uncomfortable. And I have a sibling- a Sister by the way, she is called June Wish. Unlike me, she hates playing tricks and her head is always buried in a storybook. She always gets good marks, like me. I know I sound conceited, but I can't help but have a brain like a parrot- that's means I can get good marks without studying much. That's why I can play the fool." Daffy responded while drinking her coca latte that became cold.

"Wow! That's Amazing! We barely have girls like you!" Hilary exclaimed, surprised." Look! That's our friends!" Hilary pointed to a group of girls standing outside the shop, talking. Both Daffy and Hilary finished their treats and went up to them.

"Hallo, Rachel! Hallo Pam! Hello Janet! Hallo Nora! Hallo Tessa! It's good to be back!" Hilary exclaimed, while Rachel, a rich girl with black hair and emerald eyes, asked," who's the girl standing behind you?" Daffy introduced herself,"Hallo, everyone. My name is Daphne Wish but most people call me Daffy. I like playing tricks and having fun!" Daffy waved, while Nora laughed," I like you, Daffy! Things are going to get brighter from today onwards!"

"Golly! We're gonna have so much fun with you, Daffy!"Janet agreed, while Daffy smiled.

Before anyone could say anything, a train whistle sounded," That's the train! Come on, guys! Lets go!" Tessa yelled, already running to Ms Kelly who got down the train. Everyone followed her.

"Slow down, kids! Anyone would think that you guys loved St Jane's!" Ms Kelly said, amused by their behaviour, when Tessa, Rachel, Pam, Janet, Nora, Hilary and Daffy arrived, panting."I suppose you are Daphne Wish, Daffy." Ms Kelly asked Daffy with a twinkle in her eye. Daffy nodded. Ms Kelly was satisfied with the answer and shooed the girls away." Lets get onto the train!" Rachel exclaimed, for the train whistle sounded and the group of excited first formers dashed up the train,booking the seats. Hilary sat with Daffy, for she liked Daffy and Janet sat with Nora and Tessa, while Rachel sat with Pam.